PDA

View Full Version : Would renaming/rewriting hurt or help me?

mobilebadboy
07-03-2004, 01:43 PM
I get a fair amount of top 5 or top 10 results for games that I promote on my site, but the only downfall is it's only people who have non-fucntioning spacebars on their keyboards. For instance, here's how my pages are setup.

Title: Cosmic Arcade - Classic Games - Double Digger
Page URL: cosmicarcade.com/doubledigger.php

Title: Cosmic Arcade - Puzzle Games - Aqua Words
Page URL: cosmicarcade.com/aquawords.php

If you search for doubledigger or aquawords, I come up in the top 5 to 10. But if you do a search for Double Digger or Aqua Words I disappear.

Would it be good for me to change the URLs, or would I lose what little I am getting along with what I'm already missing. Would it benefit me to do something like this:

cosmicarcade.com/Double-Digger/
cosmicarcade.com/Aqua-Words/

Or should I just stick with what I've got and try to work on the proper game names?

cameron
07-03-2004, 02:39 PM
It could be worth the change. It might mess things up for a month or two, but you would hopefully get back in the results soon enough.

Also, I doubt people are searching those terms because they have a broken spacebar. Maybe some, but I'm sure many just think that's how it should be written.

mobilebadboy
07-03-2004, 02:47 PM
I was just kidding about the spacebar thing. :) I just get the results where people don't use it and type the whole game name out in one word.

I should have also mentioned that the proper game name is on the page itself too. So the proper spaced name is available twice, and the single word name once. And sometimes the page name doesn't contain the whole game name, just depends on how long the name is. Like "Boulder Dash Treasure Pleasure" is just treasurepleasure.php.

I figure it would die down for a little while, but I thought maybe getting the proper spaced out name dominating anywhere it's mentioned might help.