PDA

View Full Version : Adwords

mobilebadboy
07-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Did these recent Adwords "improvements" screw anyone else?

On Monday I had 51 clickthroughs on a brand new site (started advertising that day). Since then I've been lucky to get 20 clickthroughs. It killed me on another site too, a handful of clicks compared to almost hitting my budget every other day.

The only exception is my posters site, which hits it's budget every single day and always has.

mobilebadboy
07-03-2004, 09:57 AM
I seriously can't believe I was the only one effected by this. Even my posters site is now not even hitting the budget, and it's hit it every day since the beginning of April.

Just waiting on Overture now. Can't stand this manual approval crap. But at least I know I can get coverage there.

incka
07-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Overture is worth it. I've never got that many clicks on adsense but overture has always delivered...

mobilebadboy
07-03-2004, 10:45 AM
I've used Overture before, it just eats up money too quick. My budget is limited. Plus I extremely dislike the days of waiting for keyword(s) approval. With AdWords I often change keywords throughout the day.

Mike
07-03-2004, 12:14 PM
If overture's minimum cpc was a little lower, it would be a hell of a lot better. For me, I'll only use it when the ROI will be big.

incka
07-03-2004, 01:55 PM
It used to be lower. IMHO overture's traffic is far better than competitors, I get far more conversions per thousand click then adsense or searchfeed.

chromate
07-03-2004, 02:09 PM
That's interesting. When you say "far more", how much more are we talking? I would be interested to know the actual figures, if you can be bothered to work them out :) Also, did you use the same ad text?

Searchfeed is great because it's cheap. But quality traffic is important. Do you find that the ROI is roughly equal? Or does Overture still give you a superior ROI?

I haven't used AdSense for ages because, being in the UK, I find it just too expensive to promote US based revenue streams.

mobilebadboy
07-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Yet another thing I can't stand about Overture.

Total Submitted Search Listings: 4
Approved Search Listings: 1
Declined Search Listings: 0
Pending Search Listings: 3

I submit them all 4 at once, REVIEW THEM ALL AT ONCE! Weird though, it was a Yahoo hostname that showed up this time. It's always been an Overture hostname any other time.