PDA

View Full Version : Disclamer

thebillionaire
06-27-2004, 07:25 PM
I am making a game site but I dont know in which link (eg privacy policy) to write that we are not responsible for the contents of the game or the sites which we link to. Since my is to be a game site I will have alot of links to the creators of games which I post, but there site may have stuff that can offend the viewer. So what type of link do I need.

AndyH
06-27-2004, 11:25 PM
Privacy Policy - What information you and third party advertisers collect - and what you don't collect to reassure visitors.

Terms of Service - The terms under which the visitor uses your site. Here seems the best place to state "COMPANY will not be held accountable for anything which me occur after leaving WEBSITE NAME."

I doubt it is really needed however - who is going to do anything about?

Also, who actually reads the ToS or Privacy Policy? ;)

Blue Cat Buxton
06-28-2004, 01:36 AM
who actually reads the ToS or Privacy Policy?

Ah but if you have one, you can always refer anybody who does kick up a fuss back to it

AndyH
06-28-2004, 02:12 AM
Ofcourse, but are those that are kicking up a fuss going to pay for a lawyer to do anything about it? (that is, if I lawyer would even take the case)

May as well add one anyhow.*

* That is, steal it from another site and make slight rewording changes like everyone else. ;)

thebillionaire
06-29-2004, 11:58 AM
I have another question, see I am coming out with a flash game site, but Its a pain emailing the game creators and asking for permission, is there any way I can put something on the disclamer to not get into trouble?

thebillionaire
06-29-2004, 01:52 PM
any one ?

thanks

AndyH
06-29-2004, 05:45 PM
MiniClip.com - you can add all their games, not sure if you know of them. They allow it because once you reach a certain level in whichever game, you have to play further levels directly from their site. Still quite a good means to fill up an arcade site quickly.

But as for your question, no, you have to get permission. Disclaimer or not, you are still stealing intellectual propertly of the game's creator.

thebillionaire
06-29-2004, 06:20 PM
i never knew miniclip did that

AndyH
06-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Which, that they offer the games or that after a certain level you have to play them from their site?

http://www.miniclip.com/Downloads.htm - if the prior.