PDA

View Full Version : >> eBizTrainingManual.com << SEOable or not ?

pulsetoday
06-23-2004, 11:28 PM
I registered this domain today and am just wondering if it will give me any edge in optimizing this site for searchengines.

chromate
06-24-2004, 04:17 AM
You will benefit from people linking to you with the words "eBiz Training Manual"

pulsetoday
06-24-2004, 05:02 AM
i think it sounds good!!! Does it not ? :) :) :)

Onething that is really biting me is that i have earlier read in an SPF post that if you do not have - in between your keywords then that domain will be useless for SEO Purposes .

Opinion wanted from SEO Gurus :: is it true ???

chromate
06-24-2004, 05:08 AM
If someone links to you using the domain as the anchor text, ie:

<a href="www.eBizTrainingManual.com">eBizTrainingManual.com</a>

...then you wont get any benefit from the domain. If they link to you using:

<a href="www.eBizTrainingManual.com">eBiz Training Manual</a>

Then the benefit is really coming from the name of your site (which is obviously reflected in your domain name).

Google will interpret "eBizTrainingManual" as being one word, which is obviously useless for SEO. That's why some people prefer to have hyphens breaking the words up for SEO purposes.

I think most people believe that the main benefit resulting from a domain is not the actual domain itself, but how people choose to link to you. ie, what anchor text they use. The domain is sometimes used as the link anchor text.

pulsetoday
06-24-2004, 05:23 AM
Thanks for that really nice detailed reply chromate. I really appreciate it.

Chris
06-24-2004, 06:37 AM
Of course, how many people even search for "eBiz training manual"?

pulsetoday
06-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Of course, how many people even search for "eBiz training manual"?

??????????????????????????????????

I think that my english need a lot of honing . But I can't understand the context.

Overture showed 0 search for ebiz training manual ( i used good keywords )....

chromate
06-24-2004, 07:07 AM
As Chris says, I doubt anyone will search for "ebiz training manual".

There's a keyword suggestion tool on here: http://www.digitalpoint.com/ Use that to find some better keywords that people actually search for.