PDA

View Full Version : My PR went from 4 to 0!

ASP-Hosting.ca
06-23-2004, 06:42 AM
My main page PR went from 4 to 0, but almost all internal pages are at 4?!?!?!? Am I penalized?

The site in question is the first site in my signature.

I had around 40 links to my home page (I still have them), but Google is showing 0 backlinks :(.

The funny thing is I still rank rather well for lots of keywords.

Have any of you tried to contact Google, regarding similar problem and what would you do in general in this situation?

chromate
06-23-2004, 06:53 AM
First off, don't panic. Chances are Google hasn't settled updating. Give it a few days and see what happens. If you haven't done anything to get penalized, then it's almost certain that you haven't been.

ASP-Hosting.ca
06-23-2004, 07:09 AM
First off, don't panic. Chances are Google hasn't settled updating. Give it a few days and see what happens. If you haven't done anything to get penalized, then it's almost certain that you haven't been.

I don't panic :). This site has been online for 2 years, I have quality links and I hope this is something temporary.

chromate
06-23-2004, 07:15 AM
If after a few days it is still PR0 then mail google. If you're lucky, they'll tell you if it's been penalized. They did for me.

ASP-Hosting.ca
06-23-2004, 07:28 AM
If after a few days it is still PR0 then mail google. If you're lucky, they'll tell you if it's been penalized. They did for me.

Did you get penalty for any of your websites? What email address did you use to contact Google?

chromate
06-23-2004, 07:32 AM
No they weren't. I thought my dating site was, because for ages it wasn't appearing anywhere in the SERPs at all for "dating services" despite having a PR6. It ranks now, just very badly. :/

You can find their email address in the contact section on google. I can't remember what it is.

Blue Cat Buxton
06-23-2004, 07:32 AM
Google must still be updating - one of my pages went to a 5 this morning; its now 0 :eek:

Hold on in there!

michael_gersitz
06-23-2004, 07:44 AM
Give it a few days, then panic.

chrispian
06-23-2004, 08:02 AM
The same thing happened to me. PR is certainly in flux right now. One of my sites had a PR 2 and dropped to 0 for like 3 days, now its' a 5, which is where it should be. I had another site drop to 0 this morning and now it's back to it's normal PR. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

ASP-Hosting.ca
06-23-2004, 08:50 AM
And now this is funny:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=link%3Ahelm%2Easp%2Dhosting%2Eca

37 links found linking to helm.asp-hosting.ca and guess what, none of them is really linking to my subdomain.

Something is wrong here...