PDA

View Full Version : Froogle

mobilebadboy
06-21-2004, 12:43 PM
I've noticed over the last month or so that Froogle has been picking up alot of products off of my drums site and displaying them for results, but I'm not listed with the regular products, I'm listed at the bottom. Reason being:

7. Why are my results separated into two groups?

Froogle sometimes makes an educated guess about the price and category for a particular search result based on our analysis of the page on which the item appears. When we can't confirm price and category information for results, we include those results but separate them from the other results with a horizontal line.

It lists the price, pulls the related thumbnail and all. Is it possible it would eventually start listing me with normal results, or is the only way that's possible is by submitting a datafeed?

Chris
06-21-2004, 01:42 PM
I suppose its possible, but a datafeed is really the best way to get accurate inclusion.

mobilebadboy
06-21-2004, 01:51 PM
I'll give it a little more time and see what happens. zZounds requires a pretty frequent update of their datafeed, and I've got a bit of work to do to get it into the database as it is, so I'd hate to have to then turn around and frequently update a datafeed for Froogle.

If I just had a drums feed, it'd be easy, but I have to dump the whole feed, and then the PHP of the site parses out the drum related products based on the menu selection (each menu item matches the category in the feed).

I get a fair amount of clicks just from being at the bottom, I'm not sure what the difference would be.