PDA

View Full Version : News Feed Promtion

michael_gersitz
06-21-2004, 12:34 PM
I have a bunch of News sites and I am looking for people that want to display news on there sites...

Any Idea how I can promote this?

The site themes are,

general news
sport news
gambling news
networking news

chromate
06-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Just find sites that might want them and ask the webmasters if they would be interested.

paul
06-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Michael,
I clicked on your "Learn to Brand your images" link and looked around. When I closed the window I found a "Spyware warning" message. Am I correct in thinking that was a popunder that came from the images site?

Since I don't know what, if any, potential clicking anywhere on such a window has to cause problems, I use task manager to close the window and make it a point never to return to a site that does this.

michael_gersitz
06-21-2004, 01:13 PM
paul,

That was a popunder from Casale Media. I have the popup frequency set at once every 4 days. It was not spyware, just a banner from an adnetwork.

paul
06-21-2004, 01:45 PM
First let me say I didn't think it was a problem in this case; you are one of the posters on this forum I make a point of reading carefully. However, I doubt my reaction to this kind of popunder is unique.

I see frequent articles on all the dangers on the internet and I have had the experience of having my browser default home page changed when I apparely clicked something I shouldn't have. Since I have no real idea of what is or is not possible, my rule is that I will not click on any part of such a window.

In addition, I particularly despise ads that feel like an attempt to trick me. In this case the add was designed to look like a windows error message warning me that I may have spyware. I would guess it is effective bacause many people think something has actually checked their system and found a problem. For me at least, being tricked into looking at something is not the way to start a good relationship.

I appreciate you have no control over what Casale serves and the frequency is very low, but guilt by association comes into play. I simply will not visit sites that treat me this way.

As they say "Your mileage may vary." :)