PDA

View Full Version : Large majority of twin consecutive positions in SERPS

Dan Morgan
06-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Hi all,

I have noticed that about 95% of my targetted keywords and keywords come up in positions #&# consecutively when the majority of my competitors often do not.

search google for: (no quotes)

ski review
dynastar legend
salomon 2005

Any reason why this might be happening (not that I am complaining). Probably something really basic I have missed or skipped.

Ta,

Dan

intelliot
08-25-2004, 09:35 PM
No clue but a very interesting phenomenon!

Chris
08-26-2004, 08:28 AM
It happens, be thankful. There are things you can do to make it happen, such as focusing more than one page on your site on your keywords.

Dan Morgan
08-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks Chris - I think in that case, it may be to do with the fact that every page on my site runs of a single wrapper file so my keyword density for my core terms are numerous (breadcrumbs etc). I had a look at some cached pages and hit highlight and it is amazing how many times keywords can appear.

On another note G has now indexed all of my print friendly and PDF links all of which are popups via js - which is awesome!

Jaffro
08-26-2004, 11:42 AM
I've been thinking that maybe backlinks can have a heavy input into it also. If you get people to link to a particular page of your site it's more likely to start acting like the index would.

davesplace1
10-08-2004, 08:18 PM
I've had that happen before, usely only one stays on the first SERP page after a week or so. Enjoy the extra traffic :)