PDA

View Full Version : How to phrase link requests

Kyle
06-09-2004, 02:37 PM
I've decided to spend a lot of time obtaining incoming links for my site www.surviveoutdoors.com. This was sparked by a realization that just about all inbound links contain the words "survive", and "outdoors". Not many people search on the word survive, but outdoors is a different story. It appears thousands of people search on outdoors a day.

Anyway, I'm currently ranked ~32 on Google for the general term 'outdoors' and I think it would be a fun goal to get into the top 10 on surch a general phrase. So I'm contacting people for link exchanges.

Sending people an email requesting a link exchange is easy, however there are many sites that freely link to sites without it being reciprocal. So I'm trying to think of a good way to be friendly, nice, and properly represent my site when asking for a free link. It's extremely hard and was wondering if anyone has any ideas? I think it's important to mention the size and originality of content, as well as the thousands of unique visitors we receive a day... but then I don't want it to sound obnoxious causing the person to delete the email.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Chris
06-09-2004, 03:03 PM
I had no problems doing this for my wilderness survival site. I got many free links. I'd just mention the URL and say I thought they might like to consider it.

Kyle
06-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Hmm.. keeping it short and simple. Seems to be the easiest when contacting people for free links in mass.

Thanks. How is your site doing lately as far as unique traffic?

Chris
06-09-2004, 04:18 PM
looks like about 2.5k uniques a day.