PDA

View Full Version : Web Development: What type of website will lead your business to success?

WebOutGateway
08-28-2014, 03:42 AM
There are various types of websites that are developed to produce compelling contents, promote services and even connect business with people around the globe. From the previous research of Netcraft, the World Wide Web significantly increased up to 861 million developed websites as of January 2014, making different industries explore for more possibilities with web development. With the growing number of connections built with the use of websites, business can have lots of opportunity in finding their niche online. The question lies on the kind of website you should develop.

Considering the competition online will make you look for a perfect website that can lead your business to success. It is not too late to decide for a business to take one-step forward in the competition. Listed below are some types of website that can grow your business in the most convenient ways. Also included in the list are the functionalities that you can add up to have effective online presence.

e-Commerce Website

If you are looking forward to an advanced way of selling and purchasing products, then e-Commerce website is right for your needs. It is one of the effective types of website in displaying products and services in a comprehensive and visual manner. High quality products are displayed with descriptions that can persuade online buyers

Takeaway:
1. Payment gateways are very essential in terms of having an e-Commerce website. This will serve as a reliable process and terms of online payment when consumer purchases items. It keeps consumer’s payment process secured. PayPal, Amazon Payments and Dwolla are some examples of payment gateway used in an e-Commerce site.

2. Tools that are used in this type of website ranges from different e-Commerce platforms that serves as an effective Open Sources eCommerce (OSC) shopping carts for an organized web development process.

Corporate/Company Website

Company uses corporate website to display their corporate identity for online users to browse information about them. It is used to show the company’s mission and vision wherein it serves as a Public Relation strategy—connecting the company to the public. It serves as the online brochure accompanying online users looking for information about an organization or company. It also serves as the company portfolio when it comes to providing news about improvement and success stories that they have.

Takeaway:
1. Corporate sites differ from other websites in terms of its specific function: to give information and updates for employees, investors, suppliers, potential clients and partners about necessary improvements and even job offer.

2. Interactive features for a corporate website includes publication of newsletters and blogs that allows subscriptions and commenting. It is also helpful for a corporate website to integrate google maps and its social media sites to add up interactions.

Web Portal

Web Portal is a type of website that functions similarly with business, government, organization and school portals in terms of engaging with users. Using this will give access and privilege to employees in the company while having more collaborative projects with other businesses in an organized way. It is an effective tool for companies that have wide range of services, which also deals with a large size of employees internally and externally exploring the business environment. It is usually made for business that has private functions but has larger scope. If you have a large company or planning to have business in a wider scope this kind of website is applicable for your need.

Take away:
1. It functions differently from corporate website in terms of connecting people, where in it requires authorization by providing access to information. Having login and registration functions allows people to browse the website exclusively—as a member of the company/organization. It is a gateway for employees, members and staffs to have a personal subscription to different applications, meetings and even exclusive events done inside the company.

CONCLUSION:
Building your online presence comes with a huge step forward for your company. Maximize the opportunity of having a website that can accurately portray and promote your business. In so doing, there are many types of sites that you can choose from, find out how to use it and how it can fit your business endeavors.

Source: http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?p=80682#post80682

morkal
05-01-2015, 01:07 AM
Here are 10 thoughts that can remind you to help others.

Sharing knowledge
One of the easiest ways to help others is to simply share your knowledge. You don’t have to be in front of a classroom to teach. Every day there is an opportunity to educate someone about your area of expertise. The key is to keep educating yourself so you can stay ahead of the curve.

Finding out what’s valuable to them
The number one rule of helping people should be to find out what’s actually valuable to someone. You may spend time and effort helping free cell phone tracker online (http://mobilenumbertrackr.com/Mobile-Number-Tracer.aspx)someone with something that they didn’t even want help with. Make an effort to ask them where they need help, and keep that in mind when you see an opportunity.

Sharing your resources
Think about the resources you’ve invested in and be mindful of whether they can help someone else. Maybe a developer on your team has some extra time and one of your contacts needed some help on a quick job. Or, maybe you have Cardinals season tickets and there’s a game that you won’t be able to attend. Keep those under- or unused resources in the back of your mind and try to connect them to people who can use them.

Making them aware of an opportunity
It’s important to keep an eye out for opportunities. It could be good press, a potential partner, or a general business opportunity. Once you see an opportunity, think about who could benefit from knowing about it. One of the ways I like to help my employees is to help their friends, relatives or significant others if they’re looking for a job. A lot of times I can use my business connections to find a potential good fit.

Giving them transparent feedback
Transparent feedback can be tough because some people don’t take constructive criticism well. There is a difference between telling someone that they suck and giving them good examples of how they can improve. Some people won’t take it well but, in the long run, you will help the people that you want to work with and improve the efficiency and success of your company as well.

Being a brand advocate
I was at a conference the other day and an American Airlines employee was going on and on about how she loved her Modify watch. She truly wanted to help the company because she loved the product and wanted to see them succeed. Think about the products and services that you love, and don’t be shy about letting people know about them.

Giving introductions
There’s a lot of big talk out there. Someone knows somebody who is a great contact or client, but they never actually make the introduction. Rather than making and breaking promises, make an effort to actually send out several intros each week. However, don’t let your credibility take a hit: make sure the people you’re advocating are legit.

Volunteering your time
Time is valuable and most people understand that. When you take time out of your day to help a friend, they remember it. I try and do a guest webinar every couple of weeks for contacts so they know I’m willing to take time out of my day to share my experience with the community. Even if it’s not something as public as a webinar or podcast, set aside some time to help a contact. It could be as simple as helping them move to a new home.

Recognizing them
There are a variety of ways to give someone recognition. You can include them in an article that you’ve written or mention them in a speech or presentation. An easy way to recognize someone is to nominate them for an award. There are countless awards out there that could really help out your network. It will mean a lot to the nominee that you thought of them and wanted to recognize them. On a smaller scale, you can have internal recognition within your company. We have an award called “the belt” that looks like a WWF belt. Each week the current winner chooses the next winner. It’s an easy way to make an employee feel good about the solid work they’ve done for your company.

Giving gifts
Gifts can be tricky because you don’t want to “buy” peoples’ favor. You want to get them a gift that makes sense and will help them. When Hurricane Sandy hit, we sent care packages with items that survivors could use as they recovered from the devastation. neral to matheran train (http://mumbailocaltraintimetable.net/Neral_to_Matheran.aspx) People tend to remember who helped them when they were in need, so it’s important to make an extra effort during these times.

FrancisClarke
12-10-2015, 12:41 AM
I think not only websites but a good consultant can also be a great help. An experienced consultant is a hard to find and if they are able to find the glitches and drawbacks present in your business model, It will really help you grow.
I am saying this so confidently because my business was able to outcome a difficult time because of a my consultant only, who is Adam Alami, you can find him on http://adamalami.com/.
I hope this is helpful for all.:)

FrancisClarke
12-10-2015, 12:42 AM
And Thanks for sharing such great information with us.:)