PDA

View Full Version : PSA ads remain.

Shawn
05-28-2004, 08:54 PM
As you may recall, about 3 weeks ago I posted in a thread of someone complaining to be receiving PSAs on 2 pages of his site -- I was complaining that my site of 2 months still received PSAs on about 90% of pages.

Well, 3 weeks later, and nothing has changed.

Lets review:

1. Static pages. All 12,900 pages are static. Not a problem to crawl.

2. Tons of advertisers for the topic. No shortage of advertisers here.

3. Some inside pages have ads, but, the homepage doesn't. Uh -- what?

4. All pages are in Google. Doesn't necessarily mean much, but it does mean that the site is accessible. If the spider that they use to crawl SERPs can access all 12,900 pages, why can't the Mediapartners bot for AdSense do the same?

I've contacted Google, I get the standard form letter.

What else can I possibly do? Wait? There has to be something stopping me getting PSAs -- at this point, I don't think it's the size of the site, I think it's something else -- I just don't know what that is.

AndyH
05-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Happens for me also.

I think the only thing to do is to keep on annoying support until you actually get a reply, not a copy and paste one. :rolleyes:

incka
05-29-2004, 03:57 AM
If your getting enough pageviews ask overture, if their bids aren't as high as googles forward overtures email to them and ask them to get rid of the PSAs... I think that will make them...

Shawn
05-29-2004, 07:02 AM
Andy, what does support eventually say the problem is?

ozgression
08-17-2004, 10:01 PM
I have a similar problem. It is only on the main page.

With www in the url (eg. on www . domain . com) it shows PSA's. Without www in the url (eg on domain . com) it shows normal ads. All other pages show ads with or without www. So the problem is only on the main page.

Anyone have a solution for this?
________
RM series (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_RM_series)

chrispian
08-17-2004, 10:15 PM
I've been seeing quite a few PSA's lately too, but they come and go.

Simple solution though, use the default url so you can specifiy your own ad when they display PSA's. I need to switch to doing this too. Maybe use search feed ads for times when Adsense is displaying PSA's? That's probably what I'll do.

Shawn
08-17-2004, 10:29 PM
I still have the PSAs, by the way. I just re-designed the site, completely cleared all the old stuff off (but same content) -- they still remain.

The banned wordlist theory could be correct, but it's not as simple as that -- the density of the word appearing on the page has to be involved, or else the theory isn't correct.

intelliot
08-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Searchfeed earnings, for me at least, are pitiful. Better to leave a blank space IMHO.

There is some sort of banned wordlist - any words that may be negative to advertisers, they will avoid, as well as anything that could get them in trouble. There are probably some specific phrases, too. Out of curiousity, what is the PR of the site?

Another thing I've noticed is that www.example.com will get AdSense ads, while example.com (no www.) will get PSAs. And it stays this way, no matter how long both sites are up and although they have the same content and are both static and easily crawled.

So maybe that has something to do with it.

Shawn
08-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Intelliot, the PR of the site is 7. That's the ridiculous thing about the banned words list -- the advertisers use the same words as I do, it's not a bad topic at all.

For me, with www. or without -- doesn't matter, PSAs.

My PSA replacements look good, a couple of Amazon boxes horizontally -- about the same exact size of AdSense. Just go find a couple of books related to your topic in Amazon and simply select for Amazon to create a nice little box for both of them. Looks sharp.

ozgression
08-18-2004, 07:32 PM
The problem isn't a lack of ads, as without the www in the url the ads show up fine, i think it is an issue with the mediabot (adsense bot). It is only on the first page, also.

I was hoping someone hear previously had the same problem, but overcome it.

I've been seeing quite a few PSA's lately too, but they come and go.

Simple solution though, use the default url so you can specifiy your own ad when they display PSA's. I need to switch to doing this too. Maybe use search feed ads for times when Adsense is displaying PSA's? That's probably what I'll do.
________
maryjane (http://maryjanes.info/)

intelliot
08-18-2004, 08:12 PM
The problem isn't a lack of ads, as without the www in the url the ads show up fine ...
In this case, I would use .htaccess to redirect the un-AdSense-friendly URL to the "friendly" one.

ozgression
08-19-2004, 03:15 AM
Nah, I wouldn't do that.

The problem seems to have solved itself over the past few hours, anyway.
________
Suzuki GSX-R1000 specifications (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GSX-R1000)