PDA

View Full Version : Music Video Negotiation Secrets Revealed!

rbowens
05-26-2004, 02:24 PM
The first video I ever produced and directed was shot on 35mm and cost me personally $1,500 total. It was shot on location at Air Hollywood in Los Angeles. Their rate is $10,000.00 a day. Well, not that day.

How did I pull this off? Did I know someone, did someone owe me a favor? No and no.

Since then, I have produced and directed a half dozen independent professional looking music videos for less than $500.00 each. If you don't believe me, you can check out a couple of them at my site: romelbowens.com.

This is not an attempt to brag or show off, but to dispell the myth that you need a large sum of money or even connections to prouduce professionally looking videos to put on you reel. Believe it or not, Hollywood wants to help YOU.

*You just need to 'push' the right buttons.

What I've accomplished isn't rocket science. Anyone that's commited, focused and not easily detered can do it.

If you want to read the complete story of my 'first video' shoot and how I negotiated a $10k location fee down to zero, email me at romel@romelbowens.com to request a copy.

stay positive,

Romel Bowens

Mike
05-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Marketplace?

michael_gersitz
05-26-2004, 05:26 PM
what is this? Is it motivation, or a offer?

incka
05-26-2004, 11:18 PM
It's interesting whatever, I need info on the music business for a site...

ozgression
05-27-2004, 01:12 AM
Yeah, it's interesting, but perhaps belongs in the marketplace.
________
Nicola Larini (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Nicola_Larini)