PDA

View Full Version : My AdSense CTR tripled

nohaber
05-26-2004, 06:15 AM
I'd like to share my latest AdSense experiment.
Three days ago I made the following change:
- made the ads borderless to look like normal text
- put the ads between my articles' title/author text and the main text

Now my ads are just where the visitors tend to look. They read the title, then they see the ads. if they read the article and look for the navigation links (top left) they also see the ads (top left). So the ads are in between: navigation links, titles and main text, and they look like a part of the site.

I made this change 3 days ago. My CTR for the last 3 days has been: #DELETED#. That is an amazing improvement.

I have just between 100-200 page impressions per day(the main purpose of my site is to sell my software). Even with my mediocre amount of impressions, I might make more than 50$ per month.

The day after my CTR shot up to #DELETED#, I saw in my logs someone browse my site with a referred "google" (not googlebot). They might suspect I am doing something illegal :eek:

I don't know if my visitors are annoyed by the way I have placed the ads, but hmm I don't care.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the daily revenue increased 6-fold. Check this page as a layout example: http://www.x3msoftware.com/articles/calorie-fragmentation.htm

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-26-2004, 08:20 AM
My CTR for the last 3 days has been: <DELETED>. That is an amazing improvement.

The day after my CTR shot up to <DELETED>, I saw in my logs someone browse my site with a referred "google" (not googlebot). They might suspect I am doing something illegal.

Don't post your CTR on public forums for a start :)

Mike
05-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Seems like a good way, putting ads in your content. I've just tried it on one of my sites...

As Peter says, you shouldn't give out your CTR though :)

nohaber
05-26-2004, 09:24 AM
ok, I deleted the numbers (I thought it was legal to talk about CTR).

ozgression
05-27-2004, 01:34 AM
ok, I deleted the numbers (I thought it was legal to talk about CTR).

It is legal :) It's just against their TOS.
________
Mercedes-Benz W221 history (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W221)

Mike
05-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Well I've got more than usual after the change :)