PDA

View Full Version : Displaying ads from different ad networks on the same page is that OK?

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-23-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi guys,

Is it ok to display ads from different ad networks on the same page?

mobilebadboy
05-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Different ad companies have different TOS. Like Google doesn't approve of contextual ads that mimic the look of Adsense on the same page. I see lots of sites running multiple ads from different companies on one page, but who's to say they're correct in doing so. It's best to just read the TOS form your ad companies.

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-23-2004, 09:25 AM
It's best to just read the TOS form your ad companies.

I have adsense account only, that's why I asked here, to get opinions from people with more experience than me. Also most of the TOS can be interpret very differently and I'm looking for real life experiences.

incka
05-23-2004, 09:41 AM
I think adsense and an image thing would be ok, such as adsense & fastclick...

Mike
05-23-2004, 09:42 AM
Things like adsense and searchfeed on the same page wouldn't work...

incka
05-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Well they would work but it would be illegal.

r2d2
05-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Dont think it would be illegal, maybe against TOS, but you're not gonna get put in jail... :rolleyes:

Adsense doesnt allow other text ads on the same page. Not sure about other networks.

incka
05-23-2004, 12:30 PM
By joining you are agreeing to the TOS, which means that if either party breaks it they can be sued by the other party. I doubt you would go to jail though.

Kyle
05-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Usually you won't get sued. They just won't pay you anymore and close your account. So if you have an $8,000 balance, they'd just keep it.

normaldude
05-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Adsense doesnt allow other text ads on the same page. Not sure about other networks.

Adsense allows simple link/affiliate text ads to be on the same page. They just don't allow text ads that mimic or look similar to adsense ads.

====================
..We do not permit AdWords ads to be published on web pages that also contain what could be considered competing ads. This would include all content-targeted ads as well as text-based ads. Text-based ads, for this situation, can be loosely defined as ads that mimic AdWords ads or appear to be associated with AdWords ads on your site. We do allow affiliate or limited-text links.
https://www.google.com/adsense/policies
====================

Plenty of websites run FastClick/Burst/Tribalfusion banner/skyscraper ads, Google Adsense text box ads, and CJ/Linkshare.com text links all on the same page.

r2d2
05-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Ah ok, that makes more sense, must have heard it wrong somewhere - always thought it was a bit strict...