PDA

View Full Version : heads up on a couple of sites

jonnyhilfiger
05-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi all

Would just like peeps to have a gander over a couple of sites of mine for SEO suitability.

www.purpleads.com
www.kitcarusa.com

Have taken advice from peeps on this forum about adding a title property to anchor refs and have generally cleaned things up.

The kitcarusa site is new, only been live for about a week and still needs content (although there is a fair bit there) It's basically an American version of my UK kit car site www.madabout-kitcars.com. Google hasn't picked it up yet as it's early days but I'm hoping it will index the site in the same fashion as my UK site.

If I can get my coding guru to sort it out I was also thinking of seeing if google can index the ad content on Purpleads as at the moment it only sees the main pages and not the cars that are advertised for sale. If this were possible it should mean google index around 1000 pages rather than just 17 and as these pages change daily, google should keep coming back. What do people think.

Lots of questions. I'll stop now.

Cheers, John

chromate
05-16-2004, 01:00 PM
I think getting your car advert pages in the Google index would be a VERY good move. Go for it.

Peter T Davis
05-16-2004, 09:26 PM
I'd worry less right now about getting indexed by Google, and more about getting some activity on your sites. For example, on one site you have a forum with no posts. Get some people together to start posting, nobody's going to just show up and start posting there. Same thing with the car classifieds.

chromate
05-17-2004, 01:53 AM
Problem is, unless there's the traffic, no one will ever participate. Needs to do both really.

jonnyhilfiger
05-17-2004, 07:24 AM
I'd worry less right now about getting indexed by Google, and more about getting some activity on your sites. For example, on one site you have a forum with no posts. Get some people together to start posting, nobody's going to just show up and start posting there. Same thing with the car classifieds.

Granted... but the kitcarUSA site isn't 'live' yet in respect that I havn't publicised it's existance (other than to you guys) as I'm still working on content and layout of certain areas.

Once I'm happy with the site I'll publicise it through my UK kit car site and some other car related sites I participate in. Google BTW brings in about a third of the traffic to my UK kit car site so it is important to me that Google does it's thang :cool:

PurpleAds is a different kettle of fish. Very very hard to get exposure for this one because Autotrader.co.uk is so dominant. Will keep plugging away though. ;)

cheers, John