PDA

View Full Version : Adsense

Mike
05-16-2004, 02:19 AM
Anyone else seeing that Adsense isn't performing as well? The clicks that I get don't generate anything like they used to do.

Anyone else seeing that this?

chromate
05-16-2004, 02:39 AM
I'm getting the opposite. This month my CPC has shot up.

incka
05-16-2004, 04:41 AM
Adsense changes all the time, I generally find better alternatives for it on sites after a few months with it on, so remove it. Yesterday I got 700% of my average this month, but last month it would only yesterday would only be around average.

nohaber
05-16-2004, 06:40 AM
It's weird, for the last couple of days I got almost nothin' out of adsense, but today I got more clicks with much fewer impressions :confused:

Athorn4941
05-16-2004, 08:07 AM
My better time are at the begining of the month and then it tapers off. I think it is cuase thats when the advertisers in my catagories though are bidding higher.

r2d2
05-16-2004, 09:45 AM
My best time is during working hours UK time. Everyone uses the net at work I guess. Wkends are rubbish for me.

chromate
05-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Yeah, weekends are terrible for me too. I literally take a consistent drop of about 50% on weekends and friday isn't ever too great either. I guess people have better things to do than worry about their diets at the weekend. :)

gmac17
05-16-2004, 12:48 PM
It is all over the place - I think they do that on purpose.

One thing I'm looking at is figuring out the forumula they use for payment. I serve the same ads on two sites, but one site gives me at least 5 times the revenue per click. It may be related to if the site is a buyers guide, info site etc.

I also wonder if the payment could be related to the pagerank????

chromate
05-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Nah, payment isn't related to PR. There would be no point. Payment depending on conversion performance would make more sence though.

I don't think it's so much a matter of how much of a cut google are taking. I would think that this remains pretty constant. However, after using AdWords myself, I did come to appreciate why people probably see such fluctuations in earnings. Advertiser's bids vary hugely, even from day to day, as they mess around with their campaigns.

I actually think Google are being very generous to publishers considering the lack of competition they have at the moment.

r2d2
05-16-2004, 01:38 PM
gmac17, what are the sites u have adsense on? Are they similar subjects?

Jaffro
05-16-2004, 02:42 PM
I find adsense really good tbh. When my site performs well and adsense performs well i get what i consider to be a decent ammount.

I do find that when i update pages, even with minor things in the content, that the decent ads go elsewhere and i get good ad's but just one or two of them. It takes a while for the mediapartners bot to come around and sort me out with a full 4 ad's, when that happens i get good clickthroughs (above 5% average) and earn a decent ammount.

Recent i put azoogle ad's on my site and they seem to take up the slack when adsense goes on dirty weekends away. So it all balances out, but is obviously best when both are performing well.

gmac17
05-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Yes - They are the same EXACT subject, that is why it is so fishy.

Same general ads are showing up. One site is new, but the "established" site with a higher PR gets 5 times the payment.

michael_gersitz
05-20-2004, 06:08 AM
mine have gone up alot. Maybe because of the increased traffic on my sites. Wish I would've added campaigns to all my sites, but to lazy now to go back and change it.