PDA

View Full Version : Site Name Change

jfiliss
08-22-2003, 07:30 AM
Several months ago I changed the name of my site, including the domain. Everything is setup on a redirect from the old name.

Here is my question: how should I approach this issue with directories like Zeal? How responsive are they to name change requests?

Chris
08-22-2003, 07:52 AM
Zeal is fairly responsive, it should only take a day or two. DMOZ is another story though... they could take weeks or months.

jfiliss
08-22-2003, 08:16 AM
Yeah, DMOZ is simply ridiculous. That project is falling into ruins. A shame, because in my early years they helped me a lot when Yahoo was an uphill battle.

Thanks for the response! :)

jfiliss
08-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Hey, here's another question: Does Google index Zeal listings? I don't know if I ever recall seeing them in Google results, except maybe before the Looksmart buyout. What about the other crawlers (Inktomi, Fast, Alta Vista)?

incka
08-22-2003, 08:49 AM
I've tried for over 6 months to get into a category but the people who moderate it haven't been on in a year.

Chris
08-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by jfiliss
Hey, here's another question: Does Google index Zeal listings? I don't know if I ever recall seeing them in Google results, except maybe before the Looksmart buyout. What about the other crawlers (Inktomi, Fast, Alta Vista)?

They do.