PDA

View Full Version : web safe colors?

Chris
05-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Something is up. For the first time ever I'm having colors display unlike they do in photoshop. I've never been one to worry about web safe colors, most people have access to millions, but the last couple days this has been happening. I first noticed it when remaking graphics for the new forums, and now today when working on a new site.

http://www.4discountsports.com

This only happens when using IE (and Mozilla) all other programs seem to be displaying graphics fine.

Also, I did notice one other odd thing, when dragging an image from Hemera PhotoObjects to photoshop it was severely degraded, that had never happened before.

So, attached is the same image shown on the website. It might look the same in the browser, but open it up in photoshop.

I have a 128mb graphics card.

The shadows off the baseball bat get all convoluted too.

r2d2
05-14-2004, 11:16 AM
I just had a problem with colours displaying differently in Photoshop compared to a browser.

Very frustrating - looked great in photoshop, crap on firefox. Eventually tracked it down to Edit>Color Settings. I need RGB on Adobe RGB.

Might wanna approve ur pic :)

Chris
05-14-2004, 11:45 AM
IF I change RGB settings under color settings to "Monitor RGB" I end up with what I see in the browser.

With the setting I was on, sRGB IEC61966-2.1, it looks right.

chromate
05-14-2004, 11:54 AM
I opened it up in photoshop and the jpg looks exactly the same as the photoshop image.

Chris
05-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Does it look bad for you or right for you?

chromate
05-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Looks ok to me. I personally would have gone for a darker blue that isn't so rich and then have the "4 Discount Sports" text white. You're right about the shadow though, it doesn't look right.

Chris
05-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Thats how it looks to me, with the two different color blues behind the o and r in sports. Or is my monitor just being weird?

chromate
05-14-2004, 12:48 PM
No, it's the same for me. Like the shadow has spread too far in that bit. It might be something weird to do with the jpg compression. Try saving it as a gif from photoshop. It would be more efficient anyway, because the gradients in the shadow section are so small and everything else is solid colour anyway.

Chris
05-14-2004, 02:19 PM
That sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile is supposed to be standard, so it says.

I've never run into this issue except the last couple days.

Jaffro
05-15-2004, 03:46 AM
Just looked at the two images your using and the RGB's are slightly different. 12 62 233 is the blue in your main image (top.jpg) and 10 60 233 is the blue in your top_right_scroll image. Once the images match you'll loose that exceptionally fine line between them :)

Yea the shadow has drawn out there (o & r) and compression may have picked it up more. Quickly corrected it (attached).