PDA

View Full Version : Writing articles to increase a sites hits!

john190
05-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Hi,

I am now thinking about writing some articles. So I was wondering if anybody knows if writing articles is a good way of generating more visitors to a site. If so does anybody know of any good high expossure sites where I can write articles on affiliate programs?

chromate
05-14-2004, 02:10 AM
Writing articles is the best way to generate more traffic. The more content you have, the more visitors from search engines you will get. You can also submit each article to various directories meaning more PR and, again, more visitors. You can also sometimes get your articles published on other sites if they're good, normally with a link at the end back to your own site as credit.

john190
05-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Writing articles is the best way to generate more traffic. The more content you have, the more visitors from search engines you will get. You can also submit each article to various directories meaning more PR and, again, more visitors. You can also sometimes get your articles published on other sites if they're good, normally with a link at the end back to your own site as credit.

When you say that writing articles is the best way to generate more traffic. Do you mean by writing them to publish on your own site or to publish on other sites?

chromate
05-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Both will benefit you traffic wise. They're both good for search engine rankings and also referals if you publish on another site. BTW, there's nothing wrong with publishing an article on your own site and then offering the same article to other webmasters.

incka
05-14-2004, 01:47 PM
I've got someone writing articles at 50 cents a paragraph and they are of amazing quailty...

john190
05-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Both will benefit you traffic wise. They're both good for search engine rankings and also referals if you publish on another site. BTW, there's nothing wrong with publishing an article on your own site and then offering the same article to other webmasters.

What about if you add your articles on a dynamic php page that has a url like:

http://www.123affiliateseeking.com/articles?a=1

Would that still be alright?

Chris
05-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Avoid dynamic pages if you can, but some can be crawled successfully.

john190
05-14-2004, 03:44 PM
I find that all my php written dynamic pages get crawled and listed with Google, but they sometimes take a little longer to get listed than non dynamic pages. All the problem is, even when my dynamic pages does get crawled and listed, I don't exactly know if it affects the dynamic pages ranking within Google itself or not.

Does anybody know if a dynamic page that has the same content as a non-dynamic page will have a not so good ranking than the non-dynamic page, or will it not matter?

chromate
05-14-2004, 03:58 PM
It doesn't matter. The search engine doesn't know if a page is dynamic or not. All the search engine can "see" is what's delivered to it.

john190
05-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah, but wouldn't it see that it is dynamic from the url, if it is coming from a url like: http://www.123affiliateseeking.com/articles?a=1

chromate
05-15-2004, 03:10 AM
There question is more, "would it get crawled or not". Obviously, if it doesn't get crawled then it wont be ranked. However, if it does get crawled then it will still rank like any other page I think.

That URL you posted may not get crawled because google doesn't seem to like short variable names (a=1, id=2 etc). It's better to use longer names such as: articles=23 for example. However, it's even better to be absolutely sure and create search engine friendly URLs (there's an article on this site which explains how to go about it)

john190
05-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Chromate thanks for the advice about the short varible names.

incka
05-15-2004, 11:14 AM
http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/search_engine_friendly_urls/

Very useful, if you can't figure out how to use it MSN/AIM one of us and I'm sure we can help.

Peter T Davis
05-16-2004, 09:21 PM
I've got someone writing articles at 50 cents a paragraph and they are of amazing quailty...

Care to send me that person's name?
;)

john190
05-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all of the advice. I have taken most of it onboard. Infact I have know already set up an Articles Directory on my SimplySearch4it.com site. The only thing that I did not do is use non-dynamic urls. But then I already have a Games Section on my site that uses dynamic urls like my Articles Directory and it get's into Google and Yahoo just fine, so I guess my Articles Directory should be just fine when getting crawled by most of the major search engines.

johnn
06-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Hire someone from third world country such as India to write your own article can save you good money. An American company pays an Indian engineer about $5000 to $10000 a year outsourcing, but the Indian guy still has Middle Class income and live like one. Say you pay $6 for a chicken in USA, but the Indian guy pays only $1 for a chicken! in his own country (this is what I think, but figure could be close). And Indian people are very smart people. I remembered 4 years ago about a post an Indian club/organization need jobs desparately for its members doing web design/development, or anything...

The point is a dollar has very high value in third world countries, but not in USA itself.

chromate
06-18-2004, 07:37 AM
Gets even cheaper if your in the UK. Down side is, it's hard finding someone that's good at writing in English.

john190
07-14-2004, 02:15 PM
I need to write some articles. At first, I will try and write some for myself. Once I see that they are working well, then I will start paying someone to do it for me. I just hope all ends well.