PDA

View Full Version : Little template suggestion

MattM
05-13-2004, 07:16 PM
In earlier versions of vB3, at the bottom of the thread view, there was a link to the forum, above the Previous/Next links. If you want to do this, follow these steps:

Open the template called SHOWTHREAD (it's in the Show Thread group, funnily enough), and find the following code (About a quarter down):

<div class="smallfont" align="center">
<strong>&laquo;</strong>
<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid&amp;goto=nextoldest">$vbphrase[prev_thread]</a>
|
<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid&amp;goto=nextnewest">$vbphrase[next_thread]</a>
<strong>&raquo;</strong>
</div>And replace it with:
<div align="center" class="smallfont">
<a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$threadinfo[forumid]">$foruminfo[title]</a><br />
<strong>&laquo;</strong>
<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid&amp;goto=nextoldest">$vbphrase[prev_thread]</a>
|
<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid&amp;goto=nextnewest">$vbphrase[next_thread]</a>
<strong>&raquo;</strong>
</div>

Chris
05-16-2004, 09:23 PM
I just tried making the change but it doesn't seem to work.

MattM
05-17-2004, 04:10 PM
I just looked at the source of this page and the code isn't there. Did you edit the SHOWTHREAD template and insert the exact code?

Chris
05-18-2004, 06:33 AM
Yes. I guess I'll try again.

MattM
05-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Did you have any more problems with this?

Chris
05-30-2004, 08:29 PM
I actually haven't tried again yet.

MarkB
05-30-2004, 11:18 PM
I thought it was an on/off toggle in the admincp on vB3. (long time since I messed with that, though)