PDA

View Full Version : Many sites + design

nohaber
05-13-2004, 08:21 AM
I got a question to those of you who have lots of sites.

Do you reuse your design for all your sites? How do you manage to not lose time with design issues?

Chris
05-13-2004, 08:23 AM
I reuse designs often. If not I either make a really simple design (iddb.org) or buy a template or use designoutpost to get a cheap custom template.

ozgression
05-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Do you reuse your design for all your sites? How do you manage to not lose time with design issues?

I do not re-use designs. I try to make every site visually unique.

Lose time with design issues? Not sure what you mean about that, but like anything, designing a site does take some time.
________
glass bong (http://glassbongs.org/)

Mike
05-13-2004, 11:56 PM
I reuse designs for sites similar to each other. Like, when I had two AWS sites, I used the same design for them both.

r2d2
05-14-2004, 04:28 AM
Lose time with design issues? Not sure what you mean about that...

I've wasted many an hour fiddling with designs....

Crossbrowser CSS is a time killer.

Peter T Davis
05-26-2004, 01:09 PM
IMO, design is one of the least important aspects of a site, the less of it the better. I try to not spend much time on design, usually I'll buy a template or something and strip it down and use parts of it, for simplification.

Mike
05-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Yep, I bought a template for a new site I'm making.

I've had to edit some parts for coding reasons, but I thought to myself, is it the design or content the user visits for?

MarkB
05-26-2004, 10:34 PM
I've bought templates, designed from scratch, and reused designs. To me, the right design is VERY important - and worth spending time on. Doesn't mean you need to throw all the bells and whistles into it - it means you need to evaluate what's right for your site (and how it affects your users).

ozgression
05-27-2004, 01:18 AM
I've bought templates, designed from scratch, and reused designs. To me, the right design is VERY important - and worth spending time on. Doesn't mean you need to throw all the bells and whistles into it - it means you need to evaluate what's right for your site (and how it affects your users).

I agree 100%. Design is important. Not the only important factor or the most important factor, but one of the important factors.

Designs must have useability, must appeal to users and must "brand" your site.
________
vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/)