PDA

View Full Version : Google Image Ads (Beta)

mobilebadboy
05-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Google is introducing an exciting new feature to its advertising program. Now you can use the power of images to drive clickthrough from your web visitors. Image ads allow AdWords advertisers to place graphical ads - in addition to text ads - and uses existing AdWords technology to target images based on keywords and phrases. Google uses AdSense contextual advertising technology to match the image ads to the content of your web pages.

https://www.google.com/adsense/new

mobilebadboy
05-12-2004, 04:47 PM
And for the record, you have to go into "Ad Type" and select to show both images and text ads. After that you'll still be able to choose whether to show both or to only show text ads on a page-by-page basis when you're choosing your ad layout.

You cannot serve images only.

Now off to create some images for my ads.

s2kinteg916
05-12-2004, 04:55 PM
im excited to see a live example....on sites..

mobilebadboy
05-12-2004, 05:12 PM
I imagine it will take a little while. Advertisers will have to make and set up their creatives, and then publishers will have to update their ad code, if they even choose to.

Westech
05-13-2004, 06:43 AM
I've just set mine up to show image ads, and so far it's still just displaying text. Like mobilebadboy said, I'll bet it will take some time for it to catch on. If they start displaying for anyone, please post a link. I'm anxious to see some live ads.

Mike
05-13-2004, 08:18 AM
People will opt in for it depending on their design. Like it wouldn't fit with my conference call site.

john190
05-13-2004, 08:58 PM
The new Adsense image ads is probably something that I would not personally use on my site, but I just guess I would have to first see what they are like.

cameron
06-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Has much changed on this topic? Anyone who chose image ads and having them show up?

ozgression
06-17-2004, 11:50 PM
I see them on this site occassionally. I do not show them on my site, though.
________
50 Series (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_50_Series)