PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Question

Mike
05-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi all,

I think this is the right forum to put it in :)

Anyway, my old host, which lost all my files and has never come back online since, is trying to charge me for another years hosting. I got an email from paypal saying there was a problem at their end though, and they would try and charge me again on the 15th.

I don't want another year of "hosting" with them, so does anyone know if you can block payments etc through paypal?

Thanks,
Mike

Chris
05-12-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm sure you can. If not you can dispute it after the fact.

Westech
05-12-2004, 02:39 PM
It sounds like this may be a paypal "subscription" that automatically bills you periodically (monthly, yearly, etc.) If so, you can log into your paypal account and cancel the subscription.

chromate
05-12-2004, 02:44 PM
If you're really worried you can always get your bank / card to block any payments to paypal.

Westech
05-12-2004, 02:49 PM
But doing so will put your paypal account at risk, which is a bad idea if you rely on recieving payments through it.

If it's a subscription, I would just cancel it and I think you'll be fine. If you're still worried, email paypal support and ask how you can ensure that you are not billed. Save your email and their reply so that you have a record that you contacted them for help stopping the payment. This will help if you do end up having to dispute it.

Mike
05-13-2004, 12:14 AM
Will try this, thanks guys :)

ozgression
05-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Goodluck with Paypal "support". It took me over 4 weeks to get a (simple) problem with my account fixed.
________
los angeles dispensary (http://dispensaries.org/)

Mike
05-13-2004, 08:30 AM
Well I cancelled the subscription, so hopefully it won't try and charge me again.

Thanks all :)