PDA

View Full Version : How many sites are you working on?

dolphin
05-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick show of hands, "how many sites are you working on?"

I find that if I were to work on just one site then theres a good chance I'll lose interest, so I usually work on about 3 at a time.

How about everybody else?

Dolphin

incka
05-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Absolutly loads.

BR,CL,WW2,CPR,FCP,PP,L4S,SS,4D,AG - Each of those is the initials of the sites I'm working on.

dolphin
05-10-2004, 11:36 PM
Hi inka

I guess websites are never finished and is alwasy a continuous thing. How about new sites how many new sites would you be working at any given time?

Dolphin

Mike
05-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Working on one new one. I'd like to start work on another, but this one takes too much time.

r2d2
05-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Im working on one new one at the moment - this one needs a lot of programming.

Still work on HBG though where needed.

incka
05-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by dolphin
Hi inka

I guess websites are never finished and is alwasy a continuous thing. How about new sites how many new sites would you be working at any given time?

Dolphin

I think all apart from 1 of the ones I posted are not online yet.

The one that is online needs changing because currently just promotes one free cell phone, and I've got loads of affiliate offers for free cell phones...

Chris
05-11-2004, 08:01 AM
I always have a couple ideas on the back burner. I have one database I made for a site probably a year and a half ago that I never finished.

incka
05-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Can we play guess the site Chris?

I'm guessing it was a calorie counter, to go along with fitness training.

Nick
05-11-2004, 10:48 AM
I have a lot of sites planned. The problem is that most sites that I plan are massive projects. They would take me at least 6 months to complete, and a few thousand dollars, easy.

cameron
05-11-2004, 12:42 PM
I have two newer sites in progress, an old skateboarding site that is never updated and redirects to a current skateboarding site which I try to update weekly. I also have a games site that I get ambitious about every few months, work on for a week, and then lose interest.

I have about three and half months of free time to get some new stuff rolling now though, so my answer in September could be very different.

thebillionaire
05-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Im currently making one, which is taking me a long time.

ozgression
05-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Got about 10 projects on-hold at the moment... and a few others to complete (properly).
________
website design (http://hostndesign.com)

nohaber
05-11-2004, 11:28 PM
I just started making a second site about search engine optimization (just wrote the first article). I have a "motivation" problem (ok, I'm lazy) so this project is good for me because it's very interesting.

I'd like to really take all from my diet software site though. It has a huge potential, and I don't want to spend all my time on other projects. And I am also developing the next version of my software.

Have some future plans on dating tips sites (I got loads of NLP experience from my university years, though now I have a wife, I hope she wouldn't mind me writing about how to communicate with women to make it much easier to get them to.. you know)

Dan Morgan
05-12-2004, 12:46 AM
Currently one - my baby - which is doing very well and after the last 'update' I had my best day yet jusy yesterday as my stats just informed me. I am trying to concentrate all my free time in building it to be established so that it can go 2 weeks without much maintenance before I start new projects.

Client sites however - I will have completed about 3 this month.

dolphin
05-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Great stuff,

Another show of hands, whos doing this full time? I am.

Dolphin

chromate
05-13-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm getting close to being able to do it full time now. But I'm not quite there yet.

Dan Morgan
05-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Not me - purely in my spare time - however I work full time as in online advertising (employed - not for myself).

Mike
05-13-2004, 12:12 PM
If I was older and wasn't at school maybe I'd have a chance. I'd get a site that I'm working on finished in a few days rather than a month.

I'm coming close to making $750 this month, so if I wasn't at school I guess I would be doing it full time.

incka
05-13-2004, 12:33 PM
$750 already or is that a prediction?

My prediction was about $1150 this month, but I have started some search feed campaigns today so it might be 10 times that :o

Mike
05-13-2004, 01:04 PM
About $375 this month so far :)

incka
05-13-2004, 02:08 PM
More than that for me :P

ozgression
05-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Nope, I'm not.
________
Ford Focus (international) picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Focus_(international))

john190
05-13-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm not doing this full time yet, but I would like to in the near future. At the moment I am working on two sites, which are now already earning me some nice amounts.

AndyH
05-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Made 5 AWS sites in two days and am going to make 3 more tomorrow.

Currently working on one site that I hope will slowly grow to be something good. I have to maintain 3 sites daily and in around a month I will be starting work on another site with the same concept as the other 3 so I will have to maintain it daily also.

Shawn
05-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Working on an affiliate site (not AWS) and a few sites for clients.

Blue Cat Buxton
05-14-2004, 03:31 AM
Another show of hands, whos doing this full time?

So how many site (of the sort listed in peoples sigs are needed to get to this position?

chromate
05-14-2004, 03:40 AM
That's too big a generalisation to comment on. It's not dependant on how many sites you have. It's dependant on the type of site and the level of traffic.

If you have a site dealing with a topic that's not very profitable and you have thousands of unique visitors a day, then it's not going to make much money anyway. If you have a site dealing with a profitable topic but no visitors then, again, you're not going to make any money. However, you could live off just a single site if it has good profit potential and the traffic is there.

There are a LOT of other factors to take in to account... However, that's a simple way of looking at it.

r2d2
05-14-2004, 04:26 AM
So how many site (of the sort listed in peoples sigs are needed to get to this position?

Depends what the sites are, I could live off the income from Google quite easily...

john190
05-14-2004, 10:54 AM

It depends on the industry that you site/s are based on. Just because some people have 10 sites, it does not mean that they will earn more than someone having just one site. It all depends on the stickyness of the site/s, the amount of traffic they receive and the amount of content and affiliate programs or products that they have on their site so that they can earn from them.

Yoda
05-16-2004, 01:23 PM
After building several in rapid succession over the last couple months, I'm currently working on what's probably my largest project in over a year, if not more. I find I need to really go all-out quality-wise occasionally to keep myself sane. SEO-optimized content sites are effective, but not as personally satisfying.

cameron
05-17-2004, 08:52 AM
I don't have any other type of job, but I wouldn't say I do this full time, and I certainly couldn't afford to live off of what I make. I'm trying to take things more seriously now though than I had been before.

incka
05-17-2004, 09:40 AM
Should be launching 3 new sites soon, and others are in the pipeline, and getting ready alot faster with the help of people writing articles for me...

shim
06-11-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm working on two (see sig), and I have ideas for one or two more.

SWD
06-13-2004, 10:58 AM
1 coming up today! will let you know after its release

incka
06-13-2004, 12:11 PM
Ohh... Can't wait to get on MSN to ask you what it is...