PDA

View Full Version : Server off a T1

mobilebadboy
05-09-2004, 05:53 PM
I was just curious if it was possible to successfully run a server off of a T1 line, with the fact that it could have around 50+ people on it daily, although not constantly and not all at the same time, well at least not all using it at the same time. It would mostly be internal emails, and checking incoming external mail and the like.

My church just got a T1 installed, and since it's nearly within a rock's throw of my apartment, it'd be nice if I could ditch a regular host and just do it myself. No I've never run a server before but I do have the people who have the knowledge at my disposal.

thebillionaire
05-09-2004, 06:53 PM
you have T1 internet near you thats amazing. The most I can get is High Speed Ultra, I dont think there is a T1 connection provider in Ontario.

Chris
05-09-2004, 08:06 PM
you'd be suprised. T1 is actually pretty small in the grand scheme of things. Many businesses have more than that and any phone company should be able to provide one.

Yes, you should be able to host off a t1.

mobilebadboy
05-09-2004, 10:32 PM
I wish they could get some kind of fiber, but it took them forever just to move up from dial-up to DSL. They just finished construction on a new 70,000 sq.ft. center and put in T1 throughout it and the rest of the church.

They may or may not let me do it, but since my mom pretty much runs the church and has been there for far more than a decade, and since I've run the church website for years with hardly any compensation, I'm hoping these things will help the decision.

Now....off to Pricewatch.