PDA

View Full Version : please, review my site

nohaber
05-06-2004, 08:27 AM
My site is already 6 months old, but I am out of fresh ideas. I'd like your honest opinions on everything: seo, design, credibility, language(English is not my native) etc.
site: www.x3msoftware.com (http://www.x3msoftware.com)

Thanks

ozgression
05-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Content and SEO looks good, but the design could be better. It is not bad, but it can be improved.
________
hash (http://trichomes.org/hashish/full-melt-hash)

littlewhite
06-09-2004, 04:50 AM
I suggest you make some change in color.The portal page could be more attractive.
well,you've done a good work.Just go ahead,Good luck to you!

r2d2
06-09-2004, 05:09 AM
I would suggest working on the nav. It isnt entirely consistent when you navigate around the site. The Home link isnt there on all the 'Fitness Assistant' section pages.

Also could do with some images, or some artwork maybe. Its pretty much just text.

Looks good thoughˇ

paul
06-09-2004, 06:40 AM
The current site logic is "buy our software and by the way, here are some articles about weight training that might be interesting."

I think visitors would be more likely to look around if the logic was "Here are articles with great information about an effective weight training system, and by the way, we also sell software that will help you follow our recommendations."

How about adding some case studies, perhaps with pictures, that log the progress of individuals using your system.

nohaber
06-09-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks for your reviews. I am kinda bad designer. The navigation's purpose is to optimize the internal linking to drive more PageRank to the main pages. It may look a little strange but my competitors' sites are OLD OLD OLD and it is difficult to catch up on rank. My site is one of the few without a link from dmoz.
Paul, people usually come to the main page by searching for diet software or fitness software. That's what is offered and optimized for. I don't want to "untarget" targetted traffic :) The main purpose of the main page is to sell people on the idea to download the program. Afterwards, whoever is interested might buy it.
Cheers
nohaber

Chris
06-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Try getting a template you could adapt. I'm not the world's best designer either and I sometimes do it.