PDA

View Full Version : Amazon associates question.

X Q mano
05-06-2004, 07:43 AM
I have had an amazon associates account set up for www.xqpoetry.com for a while, to recommend some products there...

However, I want the same associates account to work for www.plainsofrohan.com which I'm trying to make into an aws site...

Is that possible? And how? I've tried to click on some of the products on the plainsofrohan site, but it hasn't shown up in the statistics on my associates account. And I have made sure to include my associates id in the link...

chrispian
05-06-2004, 08:40 AM
My associate id works on all my sites. You can also request additional tracking ids, which I recently did and it helps alot. I've noticed Amazon's reports are delayed somewhat. How long ago did you click?

X Q mano
05-06-2004, 08:47 AM
It's been a while... I'll check it further and report...

chrispian
05-06-2004, 08:58 AM
The longest I've seen it is like 2 days (sometimes 3 if it happens on the weekend). It shouldn't be longer than that... at least that I've noticed.

mobilebadboy
05-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Yeah, they're definetely not updated immediately. Mine still says last updated May 4th. But I use my one ID on all of my sites.

Chris
05-06-2004, 02:03 PM
I use one id for all my sites.

X Q mano
05-07-2004, 03:38 AM
And you don't register it anywhere right?

chrispian
05-07-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Chris
I use one id for all my sites.

Really? I would have thought you would use individual ones. I mean, it can be easy to tell where an order came from. But I found people buying cookbooks from a writing site, dvd's from a roleplaying site and so forth. I wanted to know which sites were really moving product so I could tweek them and for those that were not performing figure out why and improve them or get rid of them. I have about 20 sites live at the moment and only use 10 tracking id's. Though I may be requesting more soon.

X Q mano
05-11-2004, 02:35 AM
The products that are clicked on xqpoetry.com comes up in the reports, but not the ones from plainsofrohan.com... This is the link in plainsofrohan:

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0395193958/xqpoetry-20?dev-t=xxxxxxxxxx%26camp=2025%26link_code=xm2">

And my id (xqpoetry-20) is there... But I don't see the product in the reports... :(

I've removed the devtoken... Probably not necessary, but I did it without thinking about it... :D

And my

X Q mano
05-20-2004, 05:37 AM
It still doesn't register... I don't understand this... :(

One thing though, is that on my associates page, there is a list of what they perceive as my websites. Plainsofrohan.com is not on that list. Can that have something to do about the problem?

X Q mano
05-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Well... I might add that one of the sites has regular static amazon links, and the other is an attempt at an aws site... Then, do anybody know what's up?