PDA

View Full Version : AWS - Digital Cameras Update

mobilebadboy
05-05-2004, 10:01 AM
If you run an AWS site that deals with digital cameras, you may want to check your links. I was finishing off some mod_rewrite, checking my links, and realized that they've dropped a couple or more areas (advanced point & shoot, simple point & shoot and some others). Not sure how long they've been dropped but I don't think it's been too long, as I went through the site in the last week or so.

They also added 6 Megapixels & Up. So 5 MP and Up is now 5.0 to 5.9 MP.

Makes me wonder how many Adwords visitors came looking for what was on the now dead browse nodes. :rolleyes:

pas
05-05-2004, 01:46 PM
So annoying. They really need to provide a way to retrieve active nodes (last I checked, it wasn't possible).

chromate
05-05-2004, 02:46 PM
mobilebadboy, do you use adwords with your aws site? If so, how does it perform?

mobilebadboy
05-05-2004, 05:20 PM
I run Adwords with the cam site off and on, maybe 2 or 3 times a week just to get some traffic to it. I've only had 2 sales so far (one person), but it gets a nice amount of traffic. I just got over 500 pages of it indexed in Google a week or so ago, and I just finished getting the site completely mod_rewritten so I'm hoping Google will come back soon, and that will help the site.

When I start making a little more money I'll probably increase the advertising for it. On a tight budget I'm having to rotate the Adwords around to different sites.

But that site's only a couple of weeks old, so I'm not expecting much right from the start.

mobilebadboy
06-03-2004, 12:47 AM
They've removed Ultracompact Cameras and added 4x Optical Zoom & Up.

chrispian
06-03-2004, 08:23 AM
I use adwords with my AWS sites and one of my sites that does about 60-75 sales per month (around 400-600 uniques per day) I also make around $14-$20 per month on adsense. Not alot, but it contributes to my overall adsense earnings nicely for a site that requires very little attention.

incka
06-03-2004, 09:47 AM
So are you making money using adwords on it?

I don't like using adwords, but if you are I'll try on overture and searchfeed...

chrispian
06-03-2004, 11:08 AM
I misunderstood. I was referring to my own adsense ads, not using adwords. I haven't tried that.

incka
06-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Oh. How's Lit.org going? Bought that dictionary script yet?