PDA

View Full Version : Free Hosting Spidering

Stevens
05-03-2004, 11:48 AM
I've seen this site online that has been running for about a few weeks. I then found two sites that would compete with it. This site site is pretty keyword rich and is still not ranked above the other sites that are less keyword-rich and are of lower quality.

http://dnp.iwarp.com

keywords (main): buy, dinitrophenol, purchase, DNP

It is on a "Freeserver" free hosting server (iwarp.com) and it's using a subdomain. Will Google spider a site like this with a subdomain (i.e. dnp.iwarp.com) differently than it would a site within another domain (i.e. www.iwarp.com/users/dnp)?

The competing sites are pretty cheesy, so it would stand to reason that this site should be ranking above them by now...at least with the index page. I'm sure the site could be better optimized, but in general it's not too bad keyword-wise.

Google AdSense is also running on all 7 pages of the site. I viewed the source, and only two pages STILL have not gotten customized ads from Google...and those pages are even more keyword rich than the others!

Why would this site not be ranking over its competitors' pages yet, and more importantly, why would the two most complete pages not be able to receive customized AdSense scripts yet?

ERIC

r2d2
05-03-2004, 12:25 PM
How many backlinks do you have?

A few weeks really is not long enough to establish a place in the SERPs, you need to wait a while.

Most of your pages look like they have contextual ads - just a few Public Service Ads (PSAs) appearing...

No problem with your hosting - you just need backlinks so Google can find you.

Stevens
05-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah...the two pages that have the public service ads are the important ones. I thought that might mean that Google hasn't gotten to them yet. Ok...as long as I know how things work. How long should it take?

I have the same header on all of the pages, so each page should have 7 backward links...or 6, I can't remember. The other competing pages have 0 backward links, but they have been around for 2 or 3 years.

ERIC

r2d2
05-03-2004, 12:45 PM
You need external backlinks i.e. links not from your own site. See if you can email the owners of the other sites and exchange links.