PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't google finding my sub-pages?

incka
05-03-2004, 03:51 AM
Incka.com has been as it is now since the 18th of March, yet non of the subpages have any PR.

I can't understand why, does anyone have any ideas?

r2d2
05-03-2004, 04:01 AM
That is strange, as your sub pages list your homepage as a backlink. Maybe wait till next PR update?

Mike
05-03-2004, 04:07 AM
Try submitting them individually?

r2d2
05-03-2004, 04:18 AM
They're all indexed already, and Inckas homepage is listed as a backlink.

Mike
05-03-2004, 05:02 AM
Oh sorry, didn't read it properly.

Yeh, as Chris says, just wait till' the next update.

tragu
05-03-2004, 10:44 AM
This is the case with my new website, which I launched two weeks ago. My home page has been crawled and listed within 3 days. The subpages were crawled followed by this listing. However, they were not listed. I think I'll have to wait until the next update.

Does anyone have any idea of the next update (both normal and PR)? Currently I have PR 0, which makes it really hard to rank high. I can't wait to see my PR updated.

T Ragu

chromate
05-03-2004, 11:01 AM
The last PR update wasn't so long ago. So I would say between a couple of weeks to a month.

Wouldn't worry about your site not being listed, annoying as it is. My dating site's been up for ages and still hasn't been listed despite having everything set up right (as far as I can see). Google tells me it hasn't been banned or penalized. All I can do is wait, and that's all you can do too, unfortunately.

incka
05-03-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm setting up loads of sites this month (book-reviews.ws, cell-phone-reviews.net, world-war-1.net, world-war-2.net, gulf-war.net, wariniraq.net, etc) so I'm hoping google gets its act together soon...

chromate
05-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Sean, you should slow down. You're not gonna have enough time to devote to all of these sites. :) Seriously, you should concentrate on one or two that will really pull in the money. (because I know that's what you're really after)

Kyle
05-03-2004, 01:13 PM
chromate - Interesting comment ;)

r2d2
05-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Should really be concentrating on school.

My biggest regret was pissing about when I was doing my degree. I may have to do another degree now to get onto a masters degree.

I agree with Chromate though, with so many sites, you really cant be making the most out of each one.

chromate
05-03-2004, 01:30 PM
icebane, lol. I know, I know :) But I learnt from my mistakes! That's why I said that ;) However, my sites are doing pretty well at the moment and, apart from the AWS sites (which I kind of hate), I've been adding fresh content to the sites that matter most to me.

I'm also trying to build some revenue for some bigger projects. So there're a few more data-feed sites on the way. I need the finance :) I do have some ideas for larger sites with greater longevity. I'm on a ladder at the moment.

chromate
05-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by r2d2
My biggest regret was pissing about when I was doing my degree. I may have to do another degree now to get onto a masters degree.

What did you get a degree in? I have a 2:1 in Computer Science. I was un-expectantly close to a 1st (only about 3% away), so I regret wasting time too :) I'm also considering doing a master's degree by research.

I would dearly love to work for Google, but the engineering jobs this side of the pond are non-existent. :( I hear they're going to have some nice stock options now. lol.

r2d2
05-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Did Maths and Physics at Warwick, but got a Third...

Am thinking about doing a BSc in Computing with Mathematical sciences with Open university.

I may be able to get onto an MSc in Signal Processing with my work experience, have to see what happens though...

chromate
05-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Maths and Physics?! Brave man :) I would have failed out-right. I used to be alright at physics though.

r2d2
05-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Hehe :) It was hard but I could have done so much better. Oh well, pretty good motivation if I do do another degree :)

incka
05-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Chromate - I'm making sites that don't require updating or are auto-update. All I need to do is get backlinks... That reminds me, I still need to get some for a few sites...

Mike
05-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by r2d2
Did Maths and Physics at Warwick, but got a Third...

I've got an exam in Physics tomorrow....nothing like a degree though, only a ridicules SAT exam for the government :(

Kyle
05-03-2004, 03:15 PM
incka - Your sub pages are listed and indexed and have PR. PR is calculated constantly. The toolbar means nothing. Google has found your sub pages, indexed them, and probably gave them pagerank. The toolbar is just Google's way of helping the webmasters, not a reliable source of instant pagerank information.