PDA

View Full Version : how soon can a new site get a page rank?

jimca
05-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Hello all

this is my first post. please be patient.

I am wondering about getting a google PR. What's the process?
My site is now listing by google. But has no PR. it's been a month or so. I do not have Google PR at all.

I read some threads that google update indexed pages and/or page rank once a month. so i would assume if it 's working right. my site should get a PR1 at least. so far, i still get zero.

I am wondering how google will update a pagerank of a site ? and how soon?

my friend site just links to me , he has a PR5. is it help?

Mike
05-03-2004, 04:06 AM
It takes a while for google to update pagerank (or show it on the toolbar).

You should get something by the next update, assuming you're not banned.

iKwak
05-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Don't rush things. Work on your SEO and you'll see PR increase in no time.

john190
05-13-2004, 08:52 PM
I think it takes a month or two, but if you want to work on your PR then it will be best if you worked on your SEO. This will involve getting people to link to your site, adding meta tags to your site, laying the pages out neatly, which are not over crowded with links, etc. :)

searchfans.com
10-22-2004, 03:35 PM
I creat one site in 1/9/04,last weekend it seens to 3,and some pages are 4,hope this will help.

Emancipator
10-22-2004, 07:27 PM
google just did its pagerank update which is why you saw your increase searchfans :) Key is patience, worry about your content not your pagerank, visitors dont give a crap about pagerank, they come for the site content.

Thats My strategy anyways :)

davesplace1
10-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi jimca, the link from your friend's page should help your PR. Sometimes Google moves slow on updating PR. It will show up, just takes a little time. Good luck with your new site.

Mike
10-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Supposedy, PR updates every quarter, so the next update would be around about January.

Emancipator
10-23-2004, 02:35 PM
key word supposedly :) as im Sure mike richards can agree with google you just never can know.

paulfitz
10-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Google updates whenever it feels like it I think - I'm finally over PR-itis. I used to care what my sites page ranks were, but really, concentrating on search engine optimization is far more important and rewardiong. SEO deeply before concentrating on getting backlinks...

s2kinteg916
10-29-2004, 10:33 PM
I believe that pr updates on the toolbar every quarter but actual pr is already updated... is that true ? i read it on a forum somewhere i forgot the details

Blue Cat Buxton
10-30-2004, 12:13 AM
Google is updating its serps all thetime so it is reasonable to assume that their internal PR is updating all the time as well.
I think that googleguy has commented along the lines "I forget that you cant see the daily changes"

topcat
11-24-2004, 09:33 AM
...sorry.

What's SEO?

Cheers,

Cat

Billyray
11-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Search Engine Optimisation

James
11-24-2004, 06:16 PM
What we see isn't internal PR--and that's what matters. Little is known about it; one of the things I don't believe is disclosed is how often it updates. (At least some) Google employees can see it though, that I know for sure.

Just focus on getting backlinks (PR 4 or 5--6 if you can get it, but if you see a website's really high quality but low or no PR then feel free to exchange links with them, as they'll likely soon have many link-ins soon), and improving your pages' search engine optimization.