PDA

View Full Version : Alot Of Email Virus' Recently...

incka
04-28-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm getting about 20% email virus' in the last week, (sample size: about 2000) but before I was only getting about 1%...

They all seem to be veriants of Netsky...

LMolineux
04-29-2004, 06:51 AM
incka the MsBlaster virus deal i am hearing chatter from my friends it has a second date of attack. Not sure if this si correct but please update all virus and updates and do a defrag to get rid of bad clusters also. I Am hearing that some viruses are being made to hit bad clusters on a hard drive and cause more problems and are not as easily picked up by antivirus software. Again i am not sure if thats true or not. But this si to what i have heard from 6 different sources that dont even know each other that i know about.

incka
04-29-2004, 08:24 AM
Well I'm safe, Avast! has passed loads of independent virus scanner testing programs with 100% recently...

LMolineux
04-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Thats a good thing

Ramzy
04-30-2004, 04:27 PM
And the problem is they are getting more and more sophisticated! Whoever thought these emails up deserves a prize or something!

kdb003
04-30-2004, 05:33 PM
the virus email's i get are always one liners and obvious

ozgression
04-30-2004, 06:37 PM
The ones that bother me are the ones that "spoof" my email address. It is defamation. I wish I could find the people who do it and sue them for every last cent they have.
________
Honda Capa history (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Capa)

Dan Grossman
05-01-2004, 12:17 AM
When authors of major viruses get caught, they usually end up serving good prison time for the billions of damages anyway. If they had money to pay damages they probably wouldn't be spending their time writing viruses.

incka
05-01-2004, 03:45 AM
To stop them we need to find out what they are rebelling against. If they can write viruses they obviously are intellectual, so are they rebelling against the capitalistic society they find it hard to compete in? Their is a good article called 'Why do intellectuals dislike capitalism?' which might help show why they rebell in this way.