PDA

View Full Version : Cross linking sites with javascript

Pietertje
04-24-2004, 12:41 PM
I have a big problem. All my datafeed affiliates sites have lost over 60% traffic from Google. There is no SEO, tricks or whatever that could be wrong. Google traffic dropped in Februari and March and at the same time my PR increased. Strange thing. I have no duplicate content. My internal linking is html. I have my headings, alt and title.

All my site are cross linked with javascript like :

<a href="javascript:void" onClick="window.open('http://www.domain.com'); return false;">Text</a>

If Google could read this javascript, I would be punished because of cross linking. Because I have my PR, he can't read them.

What is my problem? Is Google going to drop affiliates, datafeed sites, or is it the javascript. Because my PR increased or stayed the same, I am not punished.

I am desperate. My traffic dropped, but I don't understand at all. I have spend many hours figuring it out, but I don't what's wrong.

incka
04-24-2004, 01:27 PM
I advice linking using out.php...

Could you tell us some of your sites please?

Mike
04-24-2004, 01:39 PM
I don't think you get punished for cross linking actually.

Chris
04-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Any punishment Google would give out would be manual. You didn't lose all traffic, only a portion of it. A punishment or penalty is unlikely.

Your PR saying the same or increasing is also irrelevant unless you compare that to the PR of your competitors. It seems everyone had a PR increase a couple weeks ago.

Finally it is possible that an algorithm change made your traffic drop.

s2kinteg916
04-24-2004, 08:48 PM
there is a google update.... pr... and backlinks dropping..

Pietertje
04-25-2004, 12:21 PM
So, there is a penalty or not. It is not possible to be penalized a bit.

Could Google be trying to filtering out (=algoritm) datafeed sites and / or affiliates. Datafeed sites have usually duplicate content and are competition for Froogle.

incka
04-25-2004, 12:36 PM
We all know that datafeed site's can't work forever, but I don't think google is activly removing them from it's index already.