PDA

View Full Version : Give it to me!

Dan Morgan
04-24-2004, 05:41 AM
Bonjour!

Ski Review (http://www.ski-review.com)

I have asked for promotion advcie for this site before - but now I want a more general review : look, ease of navigation, usability - stuff like that.

On the homepage, I have a short welcome, and then the intros of 10 or so latest skis reviewed - my question is, is this obvious and if you were looking for a particular model would you navigate to reviews to find a brand?

The look is rather bland, but my priority was content, which is why visually it is pretty sparce and I use Mambo for a quick and easy setup.

Many thanks

Dan

incka
04-24-2004, 05:52 AM
Love the design, just the google ad link could be the same colour as the rest of the links and the side menu could do with standing out slightly more...

Dan Morgan
04-24-2004, 06:00 AM
Bugger, made the link colour change and for some reason the Mambo template editor screwed up!

Dan Morgan
04-24-2004, 06:14 AM
Okay link color changed (after running home to a backup in the searing sun past all the Plymouth Argyle supporters whjo are out in force as they go up if they win today) and will look into the menu bar.

Thanks!

paul
04-24-2004, 06:28 AM
I would say it is not obvious that reviews will get you a list by mfg. Would it work to say "All Reviews"?

I am not a skier and was hoping I could click on a picture to see a larger image.

Paul

Mike
04-24-2004, 08:53 AM
Perhaps a seperation between the logo and content?

Plymouth going up? It should be us (Barnsley) :) We beat them the other week. Losing 2-0 against Tranmere at the moment :(

incka
04-24-2004, 10:23 AM
What was the final score Mike?

Mike
04-24-2004, 10:32 AM
2-0 to Tranmere.

ozgression
04-24-2004, 07:23 PM
Dan, I like it... slick and professional.
________
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth history (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Sierra_RS_Cosworth)

Dan Morgan
04-28-2004, 01:40 AM
Paul,

I would love to do that, but I only ahve the larger images (well larger enough to be worth it) for a few skis and I would like to have a standard rather than some do and some don't.

Mike,

Separation is a good idea. Even something simple I am thinking.

Ozgression - thanks!