PDA

View Full Version : Google & Yahoo

jazzy12
04-23-2004, 04:53 PM
I have my first website that was submitted to the major search engines and index a little over 35 days ago(www.virtualadminonline.com). I have looked at the competition for keywords, meta tags, and relavancy to page. My web site is very close to there keywords and in some cases better as far as relevancy. My question is does Google and yahoo take a long time to rank your site? or what am I missing?

The only problem I can see is I am not linked with anybody as of yet. I can pull my site up on Yahoo and Google if I search for the full address of my site including .com. What should I do? or just be patient as it takes time to be listed.

Any pointers? I have read just about every article to SEO.

Anybody want to trade links that are business or office related.

Thank you to all that respond.

Jeff
jsage@virtualadminonline.com

Chris
04-23-2004, 07:54 PM
It does take awhile, but also incoming links are very important in getting your site listed and ranked.

You should work on building incomine links, then from now on remember that it can take Google 4-7 weeks to react to changes you make.

incka
04-24-2004, 01:12 AM
Especially 'local' incoming links. In other words links from the pages on the top10 on google for the keyword you are targetting.

Percept
04-24-2004, 09:44 AM
try to get listed in directories like Dmoz.org