PDA

View Full Version : Allposters Affiliate Website

suzkaw
04-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi everyone. I would like to get a review of my finally completed site.
http://www.motorcycleartprints.com

I have integrated search engine friendly urls already and I am now going to put a paged results set because of the long list.

I am basically wondering if it looks search engine friendly enough and if the images are displaying fast enough. I think I need to integrate the cache system from the tutorial but that will come later as well.

ozgression
04-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Everything loads quickly for me... nice job.
________
Toyota VZ engine specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_VZ_engine)

incka
04-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Great design...

All SEO friendly, loads quick, etc.

Good luck with it :)

flyingpylon
04-19-2004, 06:22 AM
Nice site.

There is a typo in the second sentence. "you're number one" should be "your number one".

Mike
04-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Very nice, especially like the menu.

Perhaps some padding on the left of the main part would look better?

cheezisgoooood
04-22-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm no great judge of websites or anything...but that site looks very dull. It loads nicely though. The pictures are good too. Please nobody comment on how my site isn't as good or anything because even though my site is not the best I think I still have a right to post what I want about other sites. I don't like being criticised any more than everyone else here does so I'm just gonna say change the colors a bit.

suzkaw
04-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by cheezisgoooood
I'm no great judge of websites or anything...but that site looks very dull. It loads nicely though. The pictures are good too. Please nobody comment on how my site isn't as good or anything because even though my site is not the best I think I still have a right to post what I want about other sites. I don't like being criticised any more than everyone else here does so I'm just gonna say change the colors a bit.

I asked for a review so feel free to leave your comments. It doesn't mean I have to agree with you. ;) Actually I will agree the site is clean simple and to the point. I am getting tired of seeing sites that look like they come straight from templatemonster.

cheezisgoooood
04-22-2004, 01:35 PM
I've seen soooo many sites with menu bar, some pictures and a white background I just don't really care for them any more. Sure they're decent but they're nothing special. When I go to a site I want to see something new and something good to look at. Maybe some people here should consider working with Macromedia products to make their websites. They're always the best way to make dynamic and fun-to-look-at sites.

suzkaw
04-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Actually it was built with Macromedia. But go look at 2advanced if you want something flashy. I didn't build this to be that and I am not planning to. It is simple straightforward and to the point.

Wow just had a look: http://www.goodcheez.com/index2.html
I guess it is to plain for you!

ozgression
04-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by cheezisgoooood
I've seen soooo many sites with menu bar, some pictures and a white background I just don't really care for them any more. Sure they're decent but they're nothing special. When I go to a site I want to see something new and something good to look at. Maybe some people here should consider working with Macromedia products to make their websites. They're always the best way to make dynamic and fun-to-look-at sites.

Would you rather own a profitable site or a "good to look at" site?

Google is one of the most popular sites on the internet, yet I'd describe its design as "ordinary". It doesn't matter, however, since to "delivers the goods".
________
no2 vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/no2-vaporizer/)

paul
04-22-2004, 07:16 PM
As a graphically challanged designer I still remember how excited I got when I found some software that let me create beautiful three D headings. I rushed out and built a few sites that were all graphics. I wondered why they never showed up in Google, but I didn't worry much about search engines in those days :)

chromate
04-23-2004, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I was in love with XARA3D in the early 90's :)

incka
04-23-2004, 08:31 AM
I used to use XARA alot...

cheezisgoooood
04-23-2004, 10:25 AM
XARA sux so bad...hahahah

jonnyhilfiger
04-26-2004, 04:42 AM
How are you getting on with AllPosters? Have any other peeps had good experience with them. I joined up with them a couple of weeks ago but havn't got round to adding them to my kit car sites yet but think they could be a good addition (am having a design change to help accomodate them)

Cheers, John

chromate
04-26-2004, 06:24 AM
Xara have made enough money :) I've been to the house of the person that owns Xara. Huge is an understatement! They use it to film music video's and other TV stuff. One of Will Youngs music video's was filmed there.