PDA

View Full Version : Overture Overload

mobilebadboy
04-15-2004, 03:53 PM
I finally got my Overture advertising account for my game site finalized a couple of hours ago (about 4:00pm Central) and put in an initial $50 on signup. I think my budget is going to expire here in a couple of hours on $0.15 bids. :eek:

I only have 2 keyword(s) running: game downloads & pc game. I originally put in pc games but they changed it to singular. I added games in the beginning but after running that keyword on Adwords for a while it just ran up too fast with lack of results. Removing that keyword has improved overall performance on Adwords.

I removed it from Overture as soon as my account was active. I went in and turned off Content Match just before this post, hopefully that will slow it down just a bit. :o

chromate
04-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Why slow it down? You're still getting the same amount of clicks. If I were you, I would drop my bid amount if you don't want the traffic so fast.

mobilebadboy
04-15-2004, 05:32 PM
If my ad is showing on 50 sites and drawing clicks, or showing on 15 sites and drawing clicks, how am I still getting the same amount of clicks? Turning of the content match did exactly what I wanted, now I'm getting a steady amount of traffic instead of a bumrush.

Mike
04-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Tell us how it goes, do you plan to get that $50 back through the traffic you are getting?

chromate
04-16-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by mobilebadboy
If my ad is showing on 50 sites and drawing clicks, or showing on 15 sites and drawing clicks, how am I still getting the same amount of clicks? Turning of the content match did exactly what I wanted, now I'm getting a steady amount of traffic instead of a bumrush.

I mean the same amount of clicks per your bid price.

mobilebadboy
04-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Mike
do you plan to get that $50 back through the traffic you are getting?
Nah, not really. I'm really just trying to drive traffic to the site. Down the road I may make it back but who knows. The games are being downloaded heavily, but the buys are close to non-existent.

But I take into consideration that some of the games have different trial limits, and may not be bought right away. I still play a couple of them in trial mode, and I've had them for months. Then there's some of the games that the trial ran out and I bought them right then and there.