PDA

View Full Version : SEO s*cks... PayPerClick advertising all the way!

incka
04-15-2004, 10:39 AM
I've decided SEO is not worth doing unless you have PR power on your homepage of PR6 like Chris has.

I'm making $0.05 per visitor on my msn emotions site, so if I pay $0.01 per click on searchfeed and other PPC advertisers will bring $0.04 per click. Search feed gets 68000 searches for msn emotions a month. If I'm top result thats $3000 profit according to a ROI tool...

So It's PPC all the way until I get incka.com's PR power to PR6, which will take a while unless I buy some a site with a PR Power 7 (usually PR8 sites, but some PR7 sites are...)

Chris
04-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Good luck but things don't always end up the same as they look on paper. Meaning the visitors from searchfeed might not end up making you the same amount as the visitors you currently get.

Mike
04-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I take it your earning most of your money through azoogleads? Thats pay per lead, so there's no gurantee that all of your visitors will sign up. In fact, you could get less than half signing up.

It may work, there's just as much chance it won't.

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-15-2004, 11:19 AM
It's always worth it to optimize your website for search engines, but it takes time and patience ;) .

michael_gersitz
04-15-2004, 11:50 AM
How long does SEo take you? Maybe a hour on each site?

Why not do both? I don't understand...

r2d2
04-15-2004, 11:56 AM
SEO never ends really. Its something you need to keep working at slowtime. In terms of building links etc.

Time for 'on page SEO' i guess depends on the size of the site, and how optimized it is already.

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by michael_gersitz
How long does SEo take you? Maybe a hour on each site?

Why not do both? I don't understand...

SEO is not just keyword stuffing and meta tags writing anymore.
You have to create real content and you need relevant links, if you want to be in the search engine results these days.

incka
04-15-2004, 12:11 PM
ASP-Hosting. Me, Mike & Jaffro have relivent content, pages stuffed with keywords, local rank (relevent links) and pagerank yet spam pages with none of those things are above us. I did all that work for nothing. Well I'm not putting up with it any longer. PPC for me all the way until I get Incka.com's PR power to 6, which will take alot of doing...

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Incka,

You can study your competitors websites (backlinks, PR, keyword density, etc.) and improve your website or you can give up and forget about SEO.

The fact that you have been on the first page of the search results, doesn't guarantee you’ll be there tomorrow.

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Incka,

Have you tried to advertise in any of the PPC programs yet? Any luck with it?

thebillionaire
04-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Whats SEO, ppc, and roi?

r2d2
04-15-2004, 04:11 PM
I'll give you Search Engine Optimization for free, Google will give the rest for free :)

michael_gersitz
04-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ASP-Hosting.ca
SEO is not just keyword stuffing and meta tags writing anymore.
You have to create real content and you need relevant links, if you want to be in the search engine results these days.

WHAT? Real content!!!! I am so dumb, I thought fake content was how you do it?

On a serious side, any site you publish should have real content. If not I think it is a waste. I never stuff keywords of write meta tags and I have some okay listings. Google just takes time to update and general SEo takes time...

michael_gersitz
04-15-2004, 04:26 PM
In the olden days producing fake pages and using nonrelated keywords may have been good techniques.. but now Se's are getting smarter...

incka
04-16-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by ASP-Hosting.ca
Incka,

Have you tried to advertise in any of the PPC programs yet? Any luck with it?

I'm going to try tonight... Just a $25 test campaign... I'm predicting a $65 income so a $40 profit...

You can study your competitors websites (backlinks, PR, keyword density, etc.) and improve your website or you can give up and forget about SEO.

Well it's spam. It's search engine listings. It's at the top. It's only backlink is from the search engine homepage with a PR6.

LMolineux
04-16-2004, 11:50 AM
I know i have been using instant position SEO site to test my work on now. They have a free tool. Top score on there is a 30. I am obtaining 21.5 on their score it says good but i want to excell.