PDA

View Full Version : Spyware

incka
04-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Mirrored From Sitepoint: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163548

LeoWebDesign posted:

I was lurking at websitepublisher.net and checking out some of the sites in the sigs of the members over there. One of the kids' sites installed spyware on my computer. Thanks. You know who you are. What are you thinking? You'll never get repeat visitors that way. You make everyone look bad with that kind of junk.

Ok now can someone tell me how to get rid of this crap. I ran Ad-aware and Spybot to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

Whose site is he referring to? None of mine have spyware on, Jaffro's has adware on click but it says and no webdeveloper would ever click...

Possibilities: DaveM (RealityTVClub) or KingSimon999 (his cheatextreme site, which I'm going to help him convert into PHP database driven soon when I have a moment of time not doing my own sites)

mobilebadboy
04-13-2004, 09:57 AM
It wasn't here, but I went to one yesterday over at WHT, arcadearena or something, and got bombarded with popups, javascript errors and finally some type of browser hijacker and something else that royally screwed my Windows Media Player up.

Sad thing is, the person was trying to sell advertising space on that site, among others. I didn't even bother to try the other sites.

MarkB
04-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Why not ask him which site it was?

incka
04-13-2004, 01:48 PM
It was that university one.