PDA

View Full Version : Fake Or Real

thebillionaire
04-12-2004, 05:37 PM
I recently found this host, but I am not sure if it's the real deal? what do u think?

http://www.fasthost.com/hosting.php

Westech
04-12-2004, 06:35 PM
What do I get for $7.95 per month?
Data Transfer/Bandwidth 120 Gb/Mo.
Disk Space 1200 Mb

Think about this: The host must pay for server and bandwidth costs before it can bundle these into accounts to sell to you. In addition to these costs, the host must administer the server and provide support for their clients. There is no way the host could make a profit selling this amount of space and transfer for $7.95 per month.

This host is doing something called "overselling." This means that they are offering customers more space and bandwidth than they have available and betting on the fact that the customers won't use the full amount of space/transfer that they have paid for. This usually leads to slow, overloaded servers and upset clients when they try to use all of the space or bandwidth they paid for and the server runs out of space or the host cancels their account for "overuse".

Anything that sounds too good to be true probably is. I would stay far, far away.

thebillionaire
04-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Thanks for your advise

incka
04-13-2004, 12:57 AM
The bandwidth is too much for that price however the diskspace they could make loads if they have a few cheap servers...

Ramzy
04-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Any web host which claims to have 'Unlimited' bandwith is simply having a laugh. It is just practically impossible.