PDA

View Full Version : Is Google on crack or what?

mobilebadboy
04-11-2004, 04:28 AM
My cosmic arcade site is a little more than a month old, and for the last couple of weeks I've at least had a 0 PR, which made me think that it can only improve since the site was now at least recognized.

So I wake up this morning, check the stats and see this (http://cosmicarcade.com/googlecrack.gif). "Great!" popped into my head, so then I go to the front page of the site. My toolbar now shows "Current page is not ranked by Google". I type in cosmicarcade.com into Google and get:

Sorry, no information is available for the URL cosmicarcade.comWhat's up with that?

2 of my other sites got their PR bumped up in the last week or so which I was happy with, but this is actually the site I most want indexed.

edit: And Google's still coming, just since posting this.

chromate
04-11-2004, 04:32 AM
It takes a while after being crawled to get indexed. could be 2-6 weeks.

mobilebadboy
04-11-2004, 04:36 AM
But it was already indexed, at least the front page. It's been in since the middle of March. It was even updating my listing with new changes to the front page within a day of making them. Now it's just gone.

chromate
04-11-2004, 04:44 AM
You probably just had a temp listing if it was the first time you saw it in the serps. The temp listing can happen extremely fast. Then sometimes it disappears and comes back on a permanent (you hope!) basis.

mobilebadboy
04-11-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by chromate
on a permanent (you hope!) basis. You got that right. :)

Shawn
04-11-2004, 12:42 PM
I've been waiting to get into Google for 8 weeks for 2 new sites. The front page is in, but none of the other pages. I have several incoming links and I've also submitted manually every other day.

Be patient.

mobilebadboy
04-11-2004, 12:45 PM
I just noticed a little while ago (when Google's freakin search actually works) that I'm still in, by searching for "Cosmic Arcade" (with the quotes), but it just dropped all reference to it when searching for the actual URL. Weird stuff. :rolleyes:

incka
04-11-2004, 12:57 PM
You don't want to get into how doped up the the results on google for 'msn emotions' are despite me and mike repeatedly telling google about the spam results...

mobilebadboy
04-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Well, I just checked and I finally have 31 pages of the site indexed in Google, which is a little more than half the actual pages on the site (there's 51 games + the front page + the 4 game type/genre pages).

I'm glad I looked because I realized I forgot some detailed page titles for some of the games. :o

mobilebadboy
04-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Well after the last update, I finally some great PR today. Main page from PR0 to PR4, and the indexed subpages went from PR0 to PR2 & PR3 (it's fluctuating right now during updating).

Now Google's molesting the site again. 22 hits in the last 2 or 3 hours. The last time it did this I got the results in the post above, and then the PR today. Maybe it'll get the rest of the pages. :D If nothing else, there's some games linked from the front page that weren't there the last time, so maybe Google will at least get those.

It's now my mission to get the entire site indexed. :)

I guess I should thank Chris too, because 2 of the only 3 listed backlinks come from this site. :o The 3rd being my main site.

So far this is about a month and 1/2 process. I guess I did ok getting the site together. Anyway, just felt like posting because this has put me in a rare good mood. And to show others to not get so easily discouraged (like me). :)

edit: up to 32 hits. :o

mobilebadboy
04-23-2004, 09:36 PM
32 hits. I'm starting to feel violated. If Google was Michael Jackson and I was a little boy, we'd be in court by now. :o

edit - April 27, 2004: All pages in. I'm done with this thread. :)