PDA

View Full Version : Layouts

thebillionaire
04-09-2004, 01:08 PM
I am thinking of making a game site. The only problem is that I can't decide on a color scheme. Which color would you guys think would be the best, something colorful, silver, black or a single color such as green or other?

incka
04-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Not sure.

Look at my games sites for ideas:

www.games2go.co.uk
www.3bgames.co.uk

iKwak
04-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Game sites with dark background seems to be attractive imo.

Mike
04-17-2004, 04:03 AM
Yea, a dark background with silver seems to be quite nice as well.

LMolineux
04-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Mike
Yea, a dark background with silver seems to be quite nice as well.

I Fully agree. If its a game you must really make it look appealing and strong not like the normal website. You need to have it with flair. I as i said fully agree.

Nick
04-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Me too. Most information websites are rather bland, though pleasing to the eye, with their pastal colors and whatnot.

With a gamming site, however, I would go all out with some sweet graphics. You could also go with the retro 16-bit style and make it all pixelated.

Then again, look at gamefaqs.com. A hugely popular site, yet the worst design I've ever seen from a gaming site.

LMolineux
04-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Nick
Me too. Most information websites are rather bland, though pleasing to the eye, with their pastal colors and whatnot.

With a gamming site, however, I would go all out with some sweet graphics. You could also go with the retro 16-bit style and make it all pixelated.

Then again, look at gamefaqs.com. A hugely popular site, yet the worst design I've ever seen from a gaming site.

Go From Old School Gaming Look to New School from front to back. You'd be surprised to how much more classiery it would look. Try the old blockish style to the new smooth lined sleak style games. Like the old Mario Brothers to the new fangled XBox or Playstation2 style smoothness look.