PDA

View Full Version : Good Cheez

cheezisgoooood
04-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Hello, my name is Cheez and I am the owner of http://www.goodcheez.com . I would like some feedback on my site because I want to know what you think. I am 14 years old and this is my first attempt at managing a website. My site has stick figure cartoons and will soon have full drawing animations. Plus it's based on cheez! How cool is that?!?!

chromate
04-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Quite cool for a first site. Entertaining, but some of the text is hard to read.

incka
04-09-2004, 02:25 AM
How is the site planning to make money. You have chosen a topic no adnetwork, or for that matter, affiliate program would like to advertise on. Your site has a flash intro. Not having flash intros is the first rule of SEO. Your site uses IFRAMES, another bad thing for SEO. You also neglet to have alt tags.

Overall the worse site I've ever reviewed.

You might want to read the articles in the site and also for design read http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/ - I think he might want to put yours in the gallery of suckers...

chromate
04-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Incka, that's way too harsh. Not everyone's out to make money ;)

GCT13
04-09-2004, 08:18 AM
Hey cheezisgoooood, for being your first site it certainly has a unique flavor, and you have good potential using Flash.

I agree with chromate, try to make the Flash title on your main page easier to read. Otherwise, keep building, read a few articles here, and have fun.

Originally posted by incka:
Please excuse the haughtiness of the "Managing Director". Although he has contributed, at the time of this writting, 17% of this forum's total posts, it's important to remember that he does not run or moderate the board. And yes he has a talent with his websites which has probably gotten to his head,... this bedevilish young lad still has much to learn. ;)

incka
04-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Sorry, but we give EVERYTHING good reviews, I have to give something a bad review for once...

Westech
04-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Ha! Incka, just wait until I post some more of mine. Then you'll get your chance!

Cheezisgoooood, I like it. I don't think you meant to optomize it for search engines or make money with it. You just meant to make a cool and unique website, and you did.

incka
04-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Don't be harsh on yourself, I like your sites.

If you want a personal site reviewed as a personal site post in on sitepoint. Website Publisher is aimed at people who want to make money from their websites.

chromate
04-09-2004, 09:47 AM
It may be aimed at people that are building a business out of publishing, but that's not at the exclusion of those that aren't.

Mike
04-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by incka

If you want a personal site reviewed as a personal site post in on sitepoint. Website Publisher is aimed at people who want to make money from their websites.

Where's it say that?

By the way, the only thing I'd say about that site is that when I click enter, it crashes IE.

cheezisgoooood
04-09-2004, 12:40 PM
:( very harsh review Incka. I don't want to make money did you not read that I am 14 and this is my first site?! Of course I don't use alt tags! Of course I have an intro! I don't know any better! I'm a n00b! At least point out my mistakes in a nice way because I am just a n00b and I don't know any better. Well anyway thx for the feedback everyone. I'll work on the site more so that it's more user friendly and the text is easier to read. You have no idea how many complaining there has been about the text. People use to complain about the cheez background...I'm surprised that now that I've brought the cheez background back onto the site everybody loves it.

Mike
04-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Incka's 14 as well just for the info cheezi :) Still a bit harsh tho:)

incka
04-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Mike's 14 too.

Try making a site to make money. Read this site and get some tips. Nothing is more enjoyable than making money off your sites, well maybe a few things, but...

depeche
04-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Mike's 14 too.

Try making a site to make money. Read this site and get some tips. Nothing is more enjoyable than making money off your sites, well maybe a few things, but...

what's enjoyable?

making 63 sites a week?

incka
04-09-2004, 02:07 PM
I suppose if they all made $1000 a day that would be very enjoyable, especially after a few years when you can stop making them and make millions a day...

depeche
04-10-2004, 06:38 AM
I suppose if they all made $1000 a day that would be very enjoyable, especially after a few years when you can stop making them and make millions a day...

steamy dave once sang about it

i belive it wen't something like this: dream on, dream on, dreeeeeaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm oooooooooooooooooooooon

michael_gersitz
04-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Pretty good for a first website. Believe it or not all websites do not have to make money. Alot of people just make a website for fun as a hobby.

If I didn't make money, I would still be on the web building and learning because one day it would pay off. I have an offline job that I work at that pays decent wages.

Anyway ussually most money I make, I just put back into my current web pages or into new sites. This will pay off better in the long run.

michael_gersitz
04-15-2004, 03:43 PM
How is the site planning to make money. You have chosen a topic no adnetwork, or for that matter, affiliate program would like to advertise on. Your site has a flash intro. Not having flash intros is the first rule of SEO. Your site uses IFRAMES, another bad thing for SEO. You also neglet to have alt tags.

You might want to read the articles in the site and also for design read http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/ - I think he might want to put yours in the gallery of suckers...

The purpose of this forum is to help people devolop there sites better by giving tips and telling them what they though. NOT to bash, yell, make fun, dis, scream or laugh at.

P.S. I don't want you reviewing any of my sites if I post them.

kdb003
04-15-2004, 03:48 PM
inka, i think you assume too much

not everyone is like you

money is not the source of happiness for a lot of people

michael_gersitz
04-15-2004, 04:05 PM
How many redesigns has games2go had?

http://web.archive.org/web/20011025172153/http://games2go.co.uk/

cheezisgoooood
04-22-2004, 12:31 PM
When I get better at designing websites I will try to make money off of it. I heard you can make thousands of dollars from ONE WEBSITE. That really encourages me to learn different computer languages like PHP, ASP, Actionscript and more complicated HTML. I'm pretty much a n00b to all of that stuff right now, but I'm still learning and I appreciate all of your comments and suggestsions. I'm still willing to take some constructive criticism if that's what it takes.

incka
04-22-2004, 01:09 PM
I like most of your sites Michael...

I'm not actually just in it for the money, but this site is about making money with them. I want to make literature sites because I enjoy literature, and one of my goals is to have the most public domain books on one site on the internet.

Games2Go started as a fun project, I enjoyed designing, I enjoyed making abit from Commision Junction, etc.

My views on money? I like making it, yes. What do I do with it? Nothing. I am not materialistic, I hate buying things. I favour quite high taxes, I plan to invest in enviromental causes with the money I make such as wind farms.

Money is not a source of happiness for me. Infact I don't think I have a source of happiness, I'm just content.