PDA

View Full Version : Looksmart Stock Dives

Chris
08-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Down 20% today on investor concerns that MSN may develop their own search engine thus leaving Looksmart out in the cold (lets be realistic -- MSN is the dominant reason people use them).

My question is, why today? MSN announced they were experimenting with such a thing months and months ago. MSNbot has been seen on websites. And quite frankly any company that relies on a partnership with what is basically a competitor for survival isn't a good stock bet anyways. Yet Looksmart's stock rose and rose through July.

Chris
08-15-2003, 02:19 PM
I doubt MS would share such sensitive information.... but no -- that wasn't the cause today.

Mike
08-15-2003, 02:22 PM
Sorry deleted that post, when editing it:s

Anyway, I was just asking if MSN could have told shareholders that they would be selling them off/closing them down - for anyone who didn't see it:)

incka
08-23-2003, 05:50 AM
Chris - You could have sold that information for thousands to stock companies or stock magazines...

snoopers
12-14-2003, 12:32 AM
What? No he couldn't...

Mike
12-14-2003, 03:58 AM
I doubt it incka...

chromate
12-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Maybe it's a good time to buy as they're so low now?

Anyone had any success with any other shares? I've sold some UBC Media shares recently and made a reasonable profit. Would have held on to them for longer, except I really needed the money.