PDA

View Full Version : Search engines are killing my writing skills!

Westech
04-07-2004, 05:05 PM
After spending a lot of time writing search engine optimized content, does anyone else find that their writing style has changed and they are now incapable of writing anything other than search engine optimized content? After writing search engine optimized page after search engine optimized page, search engine optimized verbage seems to be all that I can write. I seem to have lost the ability to use pronouns because of the time I spend writing content that is optimised for search engines. Lately, I also seem to unconciously throw in synonyms and misspellings as if I am writing for serch engines and trying to ensure as many results as possible from the likes of Google, Yahoo, MSN, and other search engins.

Seriously, the above is a slight exaggeration, but after spending so much time trying to put the things I learn on this site into practice, I really do find myself having to proofread my business emails and force myself to put in some pronouns. Does this happen to anyone else?

Chris
04-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Not to me... I don't bother with that stuff for article text, which is going to be the bulk of what I write. Its only a couple sites where I really have to do alot of SEO copywriting.

pulsetoday
06-15-2004, 06:21 AM
Ok I am no SEO expert... But a word of advice : Search engines are not going to buy from you or your advertisers. Focus more on quality and keep working hard and your content will become popular. IMO.

Mike
06-15-2004, 02:58 PM
I think your content can still be good quality if you target it for se's.

ozgression
06-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Agreed... optimizing for search engines doesn't mean buyers wont buy, infact it will help bring them in.
________
ecig forum (http://vaporizer.org/forum/electronic-cigarettes/)