PDA

View Full Version : opinion on my domain name

s2kinteg916
04-04-2004, 04:46 PM
i currently run carphotoalbums.com .. at first i wanted to focus on just being a car photo album site on the web kinda like a imagestation for cars.. but later as i learned.. image hosting type of sites dont do well for revenue...

also because i have photoalbums in my domain name it brings up unrelevent ads to my site.

So im debating should i make a new website and leave this domain as is ? and focus on cars ? or should i think of a new name and just conver tthis site over ?

How much of a hassle will i have changing names ? Right now im getting around 1500 uniques a day and i am listed in yahoo directory.

If you think i should get a new domain what do u think it should be ?

:confused: doh..!!

Chris
04-04-2004, 05:35 PM
A new domain is a big step and you probably will take a traffic hit -- but you're correct in thinking that it is something you need to do if you want to expand.

Have you considered making a seperate site on a new domain and then cross promote? "CarPhotoAlbums.com brought to you by CarInfo.com."

s2kinteg916
04-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Great idea now time to think of a domain name...

ozgression
04-04-2004, 08:09 PM
You can add the photo album to the new site and just redirect the old domain to that section of the new site...
________
bho hash oil (http://trichomes.org/hashish/bho-hash-oil)

incka
04-05-2004, 02:04 AM
I would go to a more ad network friendly topic...

s2kinteg916
04-05-2004, 07:57 AM
yes thats the reason i wanted to have a site regarding car information... its alot more ad friendly