PDA

View Full Version : How to get listed in Dmoz?

Jenine
08-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Hello everyone. Anyone here knows how to get listed in dmoz? Ive submitted our site 4 to 7 times but no success at all. Any tip(s) will be greatly appreciated.

Thnx!

HTMLBasicTutor
08-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Just follow the directions. I have never has a problem getting mine accepted.

Are you submitting to a section that has a dedicated editor?

Chris
08-02-2011, 03:22 PM
It can take months or years to be accepted, and isn't worth all that much in the end either.

Considering submitting to http://www.botw.org as well, it isn't free, but you'll get your listing in a day or two.

WebOutGateway
08-11-2011, 12:14 AM
I also submitted my website in Dmoz, but so far, it hasn't approved yet. However, instead on keep on submitting your website to the same online directory, I suggest that you submit you site to other online directories, there are lots on the internet and they approved faster than dmoz. try viesearch, my site got listed in just one day, to think that I utilized the free listing. Also, avoid submitting your website to the same directory, over and over again coz they'll just get pissed off with that

Jenine
08-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Just follow the directions. I have never has a problem getting mine accepted.

Are you submitting to a section that has a dedicated editor?

Yup. I followed the guidelines accordingly. And I think I positively know where I should categorize my web.

Yes, i submitted my site where it has a dedicated editor.

Jenine
08-11-2011, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=Chris;73562]It can take months or years to be accepted, and isn't worth all that much in the end either.

Yes. I agree. It is not much of a requisite either. It just so happen that when I check their PR, I marked them as a superior directory to publicize my site. Anyway, it is just a waste of time resubmitting and resubmitting.

Jenine
08-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I suggest that you submit you site to other online directories, there are lots on the internet and they approved faster than dmoz.

Yes. I already submitted to other directories. Our site is actually linked to approximately 4,200 sites. ¼ of them are directory sites, juvenile sites like ours etc.. But of course I also want to be listed in dmoz, however It is just a waste of time.

Also, avoid submitting your website to the same directory, over and over again coz they'll just get pissed off with that

grrrrr... I really want to pissed them off... KIDDIN! :yawnb:

lekali
11-28-2011, 11:44 PM
I am not sure why would anyone body want to get listed in Dmoz... there is no point of doing that.

Electra
12-30-2011, 03:18 PM
No I haven't submitted to them. I heard they are real slow.

uoften
02-14-2012, 12:57 AM
No, I don't know how to submit a list to Dmoz.It is maintained by volunteers from around the world with the construction of the largest global directory of community. I think it will help to get more traffic.

liestrue
04-06-2012, 03:36 AM
I tried around 203 times till now but failed everyday.