PDA

View Full Version : The power of redirected urls

ohyeahbaby
06-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Ok -

I have about ten extra URls that all contain relevant keywords.

Does anyone know how to effectively use URLs to capture keyword search matches and then redirect them to the parent site.

i already pointed a couple of them to my parent site, but i am noticing that the dummy urls just don't come up on any organic searches, even if the keywords are an exact match to the url.....

Anyone know how to maximize this redirect thing without getting blacklisted or ending up having all the sites indexed as the same site?

Thanks

Chris
06-10-2011, 06:22 PM
What you describe is using doorway pages, which isn't a legitimate SEO practice really, and one which search engines long ago typically ignored.

You can use extra domains for type in traffic, but you won't get an SEO benefit from it.

Mediumcube
11-17-2011, 02:11 AM
Extra domains is a good way out!

4goodhosting
12-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Are they paid?

HTMLBasicTutor
12-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Danny Sullivan, Search Engine Land, wrote a summation of Google's post Search quality highlights: new monthly series on algorithm changes (http://insidesearch.blogspot.com/2011/12/search-quality-highlights-new-monthly.html) which describes parked domains as history. ;)

Parked Domains Get Ticketed

One of the most significant changes is that Google says it has a new algorithm to detect parked domains. From the post:

New “parked domain” classifier: This is a new algorithm for automatically detecting parked domains. Parked domains are placeholder sites that are seldom useful and often filled with ads. They typically don’t have valuable content for our users, so in most cases we prefer not to show them.

That’s a pretty easy change to understand. Many domainers I’ve spoken to have understood over the years that it’s become harder to rank on Google without having some substantial content on their sites. This is a clear sign life is getting harder.

Google: Parked Domains, Scraper Sites Targeted Among New Search Changes (http://searchengineland.com/google-parked-domains-scraper-sites-targeted-amongsearch-changes-103302)

So that option is gone.