PDA

View Full Version : iframe and Safari

xenatorres
05-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Hello all. :)

A very random issue was discovered today on a site I maintain thanks to IMDb adding ads on their site. Not sure when this issue started, but today's when we noticed. ;)

I have a drop down menu bar (CSS/java combo) that SHOULD overlap everything else on the page (so you can see it of course).

The page in question USED to work just fine, but now the dropdown menu goes UNDER the ad...but over the rest of the imdb when viewed in Safari (both on MAC and PC - I do know there's a known issue with Safari on PCs and iframe).

I find it utterly bizarre that the drop down is working fine, except for the ad at the top of the imdb page.

If iframe is the issue, any other code that would embed this person's imdb page on their website works just fine too - iframe was just what I found that worked nicely back when I made the page.

If you need to see the page, let me know and I'll post a link. I wouldn't want anyone to think I am spamming as I just joined. ;)

HTMLBasicTutor
05-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Sounds like a z-index problem to me. That, or the space (div) you have for the ad blocks isn't tall enough to contain the iframe.

xenatorres
05-17-2011, 12:03 PM
It's not a Z-index issue. As I said, the page works fine in IE, FF, and Chrome, and it worked just fine in Safari until imdb added the ad to the top of the page. The dropdown menu still goes over the imdb page, but goes only under the ad.

I did not add the ad. The page is an imdb profile embedded on a website. The ad is on the imdb page, and it's what the dropdown menu is going under. I have made no changes to this page that used to work just fine, and still does except in Safari.