PDA

View Full Version : Price comparsion sites SEO value?

agua
01-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Is there any SEO value on being listed on price comparison sites?

I have a client who is insisting that there is as all his competitors are on them and rank for the terms he wants to... I'm not convinced as the example keywords he sent were in the syntax of "Store Name, Product name" which looking at comparison sites, is what there pages are optimised for.

All their links seem to cloaked/redirects, I suppose as they are paid links or used for stats

Chris
01-31-2011, 05:57 AM
It certainly probably doesn't hurt, and it is easy enough to check if Google or another engine even counts the links.

But they would be a source of traffic in anycase.

agua
01-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Hey Chris - hows things?

I agree, and have already told them, that it would be a great traffic source, especially for their products - so they are going ahead.

When you say "easy enough to check if Google or another engine even counts the links" - do you mean once we can monitor the traffic, or is there a way to do this without?

Chris
02-01-2011, 06:08 AM
I mean load up Google Webmaster Tools and check the backlinks for the site, if the price comparison site is listed, you know the link counts.

agua
02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks Chris :)

HostColor
04-25-2011, 02:29 PM
It is really important for any service provider to get listed in any comparison websites, at least in the most popular ones. People like those websites and use them as reference.

OurInternet
02-21-2012, 02:50 AM
SEO services provider should have high reputation in this field